Poll Options
View poll results: does she?
Yes
22 23%
No
72 77%
Voters: 94.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.gadailynews.com/news/crime/144866-florida-teen-cassidy-goodison-14-charged-with-first-degree-murder-after-she-strangles-newborn-baby.html

basically a 14 year old girl [in Florida, of course] hid she was pregnant from her parents and gave birth to the kid in their bathroom using a pair of scissors. she strangled the baby on the spot and for some reason kept it in a shoebox in her room instead of chucking it out somewhere.

she's being tried as an adult, but I can't help but feel bad for her. she must have been raised in a really religious household, and was conditioned to feel like this was the best course of action.
The kid's 14, there is absolutely no reason why she should be tried as an adult when she clearly isn't one.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by lemmyisgod97
She should, anyone over the age of 12 has the maturity to differentiate between right and wrong.

No. 14 year olds lack many cognitive abilities that adults do have, simply because their brain hasn't fully developed yet. They are quite literally not mature enough to be held fully responsible for their actions.

No. If you're going to give them a life sentence, you may as well sentence them to death.

Rehabilitation you sluts.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
No. If you're going to give them a life sentence, you may as well sentence them to death.

Death sentence is more expensive than life
Quote by behind_you
How is a 14 year old girl able to hide pregnancy from her parents

It happens more often than you'd think. Sometimes the pregnancy is barely visible on the outside, and can easily be covered up by baggy clothes or saying that she's gained some weight. This fenomenom actually seems to be influenced by the woman's psychological stance towards the pregnancy, which basically means that if she has a strong desire to not be pregnant, her body will 'act' like she isn't.

Quote by darkcheef

It doesn't have to be. It could be very cheap. Just saying.
yes, on account of her hopeless future
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by behind_you
How is a 14 year old girl able to hide pregnancy from her parents

McDonalds bulge.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by darkcheef

Either way, learning from the experience brings no reward.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Pretty sure they've already had big cases on this years ago and decided minors shouldn't be given life sentences
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by lemmyisgod97
She should, anyone over the age of 12 has the maturity to differentiate between right and wrong.

I fundamentally disagree. If you don't have the full rights of an adult, you shouldn't be held to the same standards. She should be given a juvenile punishment IMO.

But really, all of-age, anti-sex education Republicans deserve to be found guilty of and publicly hanged for this crime. BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

like she sentenced that innocent child to death
reminds me of silent hill 4 how the umbilical cord was kept in a shoebox in the apartment owner's office.
Ok, I'll say it...

How in the flying **** does a 14 year old girl hide the fact that she's pregnant from her parents? Like seriously, wtf

edit: n/m beaten to it
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Last edited by axethrower13 at Dec 23, 2013,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Pretty sure they've already had big cases on this years ago and decided minors shouldn't be given life sentences

No, minors can still get life sentences if they're tried for first degree murder and as an adult like the case in the OP IIRC
Not a life sentence, but she did something pretty horrific.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Parent's fault.

Good job family values, you've managed to fucck up another one.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Thrashtastic15
like she sentenced that innocent child to death

this kind of behavior is totally reprehensible there is absolutely no excuse for it, and if her parents were true "Christians" they would have regarded that innocent child's life as sacred.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
she shouldn't have been a goddamn slut in the first place.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Why is the first reaction always to blame the parents or society or anything else

Keeping a dead baby in a shoebox and taking loads inside at age 13. Personal responsibility has to start somewhere. At age 13 you'd know keeping a dead squirrel in a shoebox is probably a bad idea. I mean, way to B-Line right past what she actually took the time to plan and do and immediately consider it a societal issue.

Retarded girl, retarded guy who judged the retarded girl as a good place to store his jizz, retarded parents who didn't realize their daughter had a full scale baby bump and suddenly lost like 35 pounds in a day.

The baby was probably happy to be strangled with the genetics of that parentage. Now let's strangle the rest of them before they multiply again.
Last edited by Seref at Dec 23, 2013,
She sounds like she was scared and confused. No, she does not deserve a life sentence, sounds like she needs therapy.
banned
Quote by the bartender
It happens more often than you'd think. Sometimes the pregnancy is barely visible on the outside, and can easily be covered up by baggy clothes or saying that she's gained some weight. This fenomenom actually seems to be influenced by the woman's psychological stance towards the pregnancy, which basically means that if she has a strong desire to not be pregnant, her body will 'act' like she isn't.

Quote by the bartender
can easily be covered up by baggy clothes or saying that she's gained some weight. This fenomenom actually seems to be influenced by the woman's psychological stance towards the pregnancy, which basically means that if she has a strong desire to not be pregnant, her body will 'act' like she isn't.

Quote by the bartender
can easily be covered up by baggy clothes or saying that she's gained some weight. This fenomenom actually seems to be influenced

Quote by the bartender
This fenomenom actually seems to be influenced

Quote by the bartender
This fenomenom

Quote by the bartender
fenomenom

Quote by the bartender
fenomenom

pinga
I was shoving all kinds of babies into boxes when I was 14. Can vouch for the too young to make decisions thing for sure
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by beadhangingOne
Isn't there literally a show called 'I didn't know I was pregnant'?

dude, me neither man
banned
I can imagine myself as a fourteen year old girl doing that. I definitely wouldn't kill the baby, but it's not too difficult to imagine being so ashamed that she would do something like that. I doubt the shoebox thing is the result of a 'I'm crazy so I kill things and put shove them into boxes' mentality either; she probably just didn't know of a way to dispose of the body (not saying that the shoebox method is the smartest idea).

My point is that yeah, it was a bad thing to do, but I don't think she's some cold-blooded murderer based on the article like people in the thread seem to think and I don't think she should have been tried as an adult. The sentence she got was way more appropriate than a life sentence.

Edit: Okay, it pretty much was 'cold-blooded murderer', but I don't think she was thinking to herself, "I feel no pressure to hide this so I'm just going to kill the baby for fun".
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 23, 2013,
there was already a thread on this that had tons of pages. where were you man
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 3