My guitar amp can pick up a local radio frequency. I have a fender Frontman 15G. I unplugged the cable from the guitar but left it in the amp. When I pressed the part of the cable that was plugged into the guitar to my skin, I heard a very clear local talk show from the radio. I wanted to know if this is bad/dangerous or if it's normal.
It's pretty normal. Mine picks stuff up all the time.

You should think about a new amp though.
Because the one you have is seriously limiting the tone that you could achieve. Putting it lightly it's just not very good at all. Fizzy, toneless and sterile. The warmth and fullness of tone you could get with just a couple hundred of £ or $ is leaps and bounds away from what you have now. Fender and Marshall both have super low budget amps with their name on it that really don't deserve it. The Frontman is Fenders version.

People often spend a lot on a guitar and neglect the amp because amps are never championed in the media, when in fact it's the largest factor of how your guitar will sound.

The old saying goes 'A good guitar through a shit amp will sound shit, a shit guitar through a good amp will sound decent.'

What guitar do you have?
A Fender Frontman is like an STD, it's not all that clean, probably don't want to go around telling people you have one, mmmm thats where that clever analogy just broke down. Oh wait, if you have it for life its probably going to lower your self esteem and ruin your chances of getting laid. NAILED IT!
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
Quote by gay4slipknot
A Fender Frontman is like an STD, it's not all that clean, probably don't want to go around telling people you have one, mmmm thats where that clever analogy just broke down. Oh wait, if you have it for life its probably going to lower your self esteem and ruin your chances of getting laid. NAILED IT!

Lol happy xmas! I hope that wasn't his xmas present.
Lol, like an STD

I agree that the amp is an important and undervalued bit of a kit

I was looking for a new amp and I was quite surprised by how cheap you can get good amps for on flea bay.

Was looking at a Crate VTX 65 watt that went for £30 just cause a guy had removed the tolex cover - my jam buddy has one of those, sounds like a JCM 900 - but I missed bidding for it.

In short - there's no excuse for a shit amp which is why I'm swapping mine as soon as I can! Probably after Christmas now though 😕