Page 1 of 2
So ive been drinking excessively for the past few days cause its christmas time and im with family and recently i started noticing that my liqour drunk is different from my beer drunk. ive noticed that I much prefer drinking beer cause my beer drunk is pretty laid back, confident and just chill. my liqour drunk is usually making a complete ass out of myself and depending how much i drunk, i can barely function.

but i was wondering, is it possible for two different types of alcohol to give you two different reactions? I mean at the end of the day theyre both still alcohol, so is it just me or does somebody else have this same experience?
pinga
i've found this too

i normally pass out quick and am chill on beer

whiskey turns me into an idiot who just wants to have fun and annoy

clear liquors make me an ass/want to fight
ayy lmao
I've found different spirits can turn me in different ways. Wine drunk is different as well, especially red wine.
not that i'm aware of

It's kind of like saying do you full differently from eating chinese and indian food?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
not that i'm aware of

It's kind of like saying do you full differently from eating chinese and indian food?

people seem to be agreeing with me, and believe me, i didnt think it was a thing but it happens to me personally.

hell, the drunk i get from vodka is different from what i feel after whiskey even i dont understand the science behind it considering theyre both liquor but hey
pinga
It's partially psychosomatic, and partially that you get shitfaced faster without noticing on liquor. . . but what do I know, I'm just a drunk psychologist.
Quote by Redsectoreh
I don't know, I'm always mixing the two every time I drink.

Liquor then beer, in the clear. Beer then liquor. . . shit! HOLD MY HAIR!!!

Anyway, your post made me happy, because that's what I just got done doing, and I've been getting drunk with my family before I even was a psychologist, but it always feels weird; ya know?
Quote by JelloCrust
Liquor then beer, in the clear. Beer then liquor. . . shit! HOLD MY HAIR!!!

this is completely bullshit.
ayy lmao
The internet will tell you that it's no different so long as you're getting the same amount of alcohol.

But I and any other person who drinks can assure you that yes, different kinds of alcohol will make you feel different ways.

Just because science can't explain it doesn't mean it's not true. I hardly feel ready to admit that the difference is purely psychological. I feel we need to put more scientists on this task ASAP and find out why getting drunk on wine is different from getting drunk on beer is different than getting drunk on shochu is different from getting drunk on tequila
Listen. I'm sorry.
That is pretty much the reason I go strickly with beer. I become a moron when I drink whiskey, vodka I get a little paranoid, beer im just chill and confident and shit. Never really drank anything else to get drunk with.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by chookiecookie
this is completely bullshit.

No way, stacking the fiery hell that is liquor on top of beer has horrible consequences for most people.
Last edited by JelloCrust at Dec 24, 2013,
idk I've only ever been drunk off liquor because I don't drink beer.

Quote by JelloCrust
No way, stacking the fiery hell that is liquor on top of beer has horrible consequences for most people.
"Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, throw up quicker." -Coach McGuirk.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Dec 24, 2013,
There is truth in that for sure. I actually prefer the liquor drunk though, I feel more exciting and involved. Two nights ago I was drinking with all my cousins, drinking beer and rum, and once I got into the rum I felt like I was a lot more fun. Berrs are good to just chill. I rarely get beer drunk, mostly just drink them casually. Liquor means it's gonna be a fun, eventful night.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by Cb4rabid
people seem to be agreeing with me, and believe me, i didnt think it was a thing but it happens to me personally.

hell, the drunk i get from vodka is different from what i feel after whiskey even i dont understand the science behind it considering theyre both liquor but hey

Isn't it the same as drugs? your drunk changes with the emotional state you're in (even if it is subconsciously) just like when ur high and you feel bad, you're gnna be the worst emo around?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
There seems to be with me. Beer drunk me is more basically like sober me except I just speak my mind a little bit more and I'll laugh at anything. Whiskey drunk me is more quiet and anti social. Vodka drunk leaves me wallowing in a pit of self loathing and finally rum is somewhere between whiskey and vodka.
Anyone who thinks different alchies get you different drunks is a moron. Alcohol is alcohol.

Different spirits are drank for different occasions/at different times, and people form certain preconceived notions. If you're drinking tequila, you're probably going ****ing wild and will drink a ton and that's why tequila "makes you party hard af" and gives you a raging hangover.
Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol. If you drink 20oz of 10% alcohol diluted in purified water you will feel the same drunk as if you had drank 2oz of 100% alcohol, as long as they were both consumed in the same amount of time.

With that said: Most liquors are about 40% alcohol by volume, and most beers are about 5-10%. The non-alcoholic parts of your drink of choice can have an effect on your drunkenness.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by progdude93
If you're drinking tequila, you're probably going ****ing wild and will drink a ton and that's why tequila "makes you party hard af" and gives you a raging hangover.

Generalizing.

You think Mexico is just one big party? Oh wait....
I generally feel down and in the dumps when im beer drunk even if i was in a good mood before hand especially if i start to get wasted.

I actually prefer the liquor drunk as i feel giddy and alive and im usually much more social. Plus im not an angry drunk who gets plastered and then flies of the hinge at everyone at the party.
Knowledge is power
Quote by Dreadnought
I remember my first beer

Drunk is drunk.

I tend to get drunk faster on liquor because I drink it faster, but I don't necessarily feel any different.
Quote by Cb4rabid

because there is no science behind it and you're just dumb there are tons of variables that affect your mood and how you feel. the difference is that when you're drunk, you're in less of a position to be able to figure out what's what.

so you notice a pattern and you make too much of it. happens all the time.
Quote by progdude93
because there is no science behind it and you're just dumb there are tons of variables that affect your mood and how you feel. the difference is that when you're drunk, you're in less of a position to be able to figure out what's what.

so you notice a pattern and you make too much of it. happens all the time.

This is what I wanted to say with my earlier post.
Thank you smarter-than-I-am-guy
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by progdude93
Anyone who thinks different alchies get you different drunks is a moron. Alcohol is alcohol.

Different spirits are drank for different occasions/at different times, and people form certain preconceived notions. If you're drinking tequila, you're probably going ****ing wild and will drink a ton and that's why tequila "makes you party hard af" and gives you a raging hangover.

erm, why would that change the fact that different drinks get you different drunks? the fact that it's not a different chemical reaction from the liquid doesn't change the fact that certain levels or feelings of being drunk are associated with certain drinks. thus, the statement 'i feel different when i drink vodka to when i drink whisky' holds true.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
But the different types of alcohol don't give you different drunks. You get the same drunk, but depending on how you're feeling, you might feel somewhat different and falsely attribute it to the booze.

The point is, you don't feel differently BECAUSE you drank vodka instead of rum, it's because you were feeling a certain way and got drunk. It's just a coincidence that you drink champagne when you celebrate or drink margaritas when you're trying to relax and de-stress.
Quote by progdude93
But the different types of alcohol don't give you different drunks. You get the same drunk, but depending on how you're feeling, you might feel somewhat different and falsely attribute it to the booze.

The point is, you don't feel differently BECAUSE you drank vodka instead of rum, it's because you were feeling a certain way and got drunk. It's just a coincidence that you drink champagne when you celebrate or drink margaritas when you're trying to relax and de-stress.

but you can't deny that the liquids themselves are massively different. for example, if you do some shots of absynth and on a different night, drink the ethanol volume equivalent from beer within the same time, are you gonna get the same feeling? anybody who's ever drunk absynth will tell you NO. obviously this is because of the rate of delivery, even if you attempt to drink the ethanol volume equivalent at the same rate, the absynth will go through you faster, and you won't just feel drunk faster, but you'll actually skip levels of drunk you'll get with beer. you'll get to levels you probably won't with beer. it's not to do with ethanol volume, rate of consumption/absorbtion really does make you feel different feelings. thus the statement still holds true, even if you have the same feelings and you're in the same setting in both cases.

i feel like i'm arguing the wrong side here, because i definitely see what you're saying, but i'm enouraged to sit on this side because of personal experience. me and my housemates would always start our nights the same; watching films and predrinking together. money was tight, so we'd sometimes have to get cheaper vodka. say this vodka is 40%. sharing a 1L bottle between two of us, we definitely experienced a different drunk to when we would be lucky enough to enjoy a 1L bottle of 40% russian standard. the cheap £10 vodka tends to make me feel quite ill at the end of the night, and end up blacking out. terrible hangover. the russian standard makes me feel pretty jolly, happy and vibrant. same percentage, same volume, very similar consumption rate, VERY DIFFERENT MIXERS AND QUALITY. we would sometimes use 17p cola to mix our drinks, sometimes monster energy drinks, sometimes cider, sometimes red bull. i feel like other things such as caffiene or congeners do actually effect the feeling you get to an extent.

...that being said, i do think the point you make about the differences people mention between tequila and say beer or cider is quite obviously due to setting. i just don't want it to be as one-dimensional as ethanol volume and that's it.
yeah, sorry, but I don't trust subjective experience. especially of people on drugs. our perception and cognition are way too easily misled.

edit: oh wait i didn't read your comment closely enough. poor quality vodka will make you feel sick because it's less filtered than more expensive vodka, which makes your stomach feel better. nothing to due with the type of alcohol.
Last edited by progdude93 at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by progdude93
yeah, sorry, but I don't trust subjective experience. especially of people on drugs. our perception and cognition are way too easily misled.

edit: oh wait i didn't read your comment closely enough. poor quality vodka will make you feel sick because it's less filtered than more expensive vodka, which makes your stomach feel better. nothing to due with the type of alcohol.

hm. fair enough.
Quote by willT08
What comes first, the domestic violence or the 6 pack of Carling?

neither. it's her GODDAMN BITCHING that comes first.
Depending on your enviroment, mood, who is around, what your celebrating for and how much you drink will be the outcome.
There really is no difference in beer drunk or liquor drunk holmes ^
Whats goes around must come down
Funny, I'm the complete opposite of OP. Rum makes me cheerful, same with all other liquors I've tried, and beer puts me down and makes me nauseous.
Quote by Cb4rabid
ive noticed that I much prefer drinking beer cause my beer drunk is pretty laid back, confident and just chill. my liqour drunk is usually making a complete ass out of myself and depending how much i drunk, i can barely function.

While I fully support your scientific research on different types of inebriation, I thought this was commonly known.

Beer night = Gonna crack jokes, form incoherent sentences and have über-drunk laughs with my friends.

Liquor night = Gonna **** shit up and get more drunk than anyone has ever been.

Same goes for different types of liquor.

Scotch = Not really gonna **** shit up but I could break a thing or two while clumsily stumbling towards something.

Vodka = Power rage, aggression and pure chaos.

Tequila = No. Just... no.

Any other liquor = irrelevant and unimportant. Well that and the other ones I like are only produced in these parts of Europe and I don't feel like explaining them.

Quote by chookiecookie
i've found this too

i normally pass out quick and am chill on beer

whiskey turns me into an idiot who just wants to have fun and annoy

clear liquors make me an ass/want to fight

Yes, this sums it up nicely.

EDIT: Oh, haven't really noticed a pattern in Jagger-drunkness.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 24, 2013,
Page 1 of 2