Hey, I have been using a Peavey Bandit 112 trans-tube combo amp for about 2 and a half years now and I am saving up money to get a tube amp head and build my own cabinet. I went to a local shop and tried out the Dual Terror and TH30 from Orange and love them both. (Specifically looked at them because they are under 1000 euros.) The TH30 is around 150 euros more but has an FX Loop and a largely different sound from the Dual Terror but I like them both. I use several effects pedals such as the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, EHX Big Muff Pi (for more beefy punk kinda stuff), a Boss Super Shifter, and the Boss Phase Shifter. I have usually plugged all this through the front of my Peavey on the clean channel and it all sounded pretty good but I want to use the dirty channel (or tiny terror channel) instead of a distortion pedal on these amps. I am just wondering if there is a major difference in sound quality when using spacial effects etc through the front of a tube amp on the dirty channel and whether spending the extra 150 euros for an amp with an FX Loop is worth it.

Sorry for the lengthy explaination, still a bit new to the guitar world.
I preferred the TH30 to the DT30. The FX loop in the TH30 will allow you to throw a EQ in for better tone shaping.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I preferred the TH30 to the DT30. The FX loop in the TH30 will allow you to throw a EQ in for better tone shaping.

I will be using the new amp to play a wide variety of styles, from jazz to the more extreme metal genres. The thing I like about these two amps is that they both have a wide range of sounds when I tried them. Would you say the TH30 is good for more extreme metal genres? I am using a Schecter Revenger FR-6 lately, for reference.
Totally different amplifiers, though. I definitely think the TH30 is worth its money and I'm not as much of a fan of the Dual Terror. I think the TT is way more bang for buck. The loop on the TH30 is nice, but mine gives problems with stereo effects in a stereo setup. Ground loop or something, I don't know anything about electrical stuff and never got it checked. Gives a nasty buzz. That said, I have a TC Electronics Flashback X4 (delay) in my loop and the difference with having it in front is clearly noticeable.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Totally different amplifiers, though. I definitely think the TH30 is worth its money and I'm not as much of a fan of the Dual Terror. I think the TT is way more bang for buck. The loop on the TH30 is nice, but mine gives problems with stereo effects in a stereo setup. Ground loop or something, I don't know anything about electrical stuff and never got it checked. Gives a nasty buzz. That said, I have a TC Electronics Flashback X4 (delay) in my loop and the difference with having it in front is clearly noticeable.

Yeah, they are pretty different but they are the best amps I can find in my town that are affordable. How would you say the sound difference is with your delay in the front compared to the loop?
The TH30 will easily do harder styles better than the DT30. The DT30 is more of a rock amp, the TH30 can do everything that the DT30 can and then some.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The TH30 will easily do harder styles better than the DT30. The DT30 is more of a rock amp, the TH30 can do everything that the DT30 can and then some.

Alright, thanks for the info. I am gonna have to try the TH30 a bit more!
Quote by Vodkamizer
Yeah, they are pretty different but they are the best amps I can find in my town that are affordable. How would you say the sound difference is with your delay in the front compared to the loop?

Dependant on how much gain you use, it's much clearer in the loop than in front. In front, it's like gain and delay are stacking up into a mush of sound, while you can clearly play something with delay on it and hear what you're actually playing when it's in the loop.

Also, what Robb said. The TH30 can pull off pretty much everything you throw at it, with an Orange twist, of course. The only I really don't like about it is that it doesn't have a master volume, but you can get used to that, and an EQ in the loop is preferable. The shape knob is good to get you into the ballpark, but you can't fine tune it.