Page 2 of 8
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oxbow - The Narcotic Story just blew me away

I'm glad you liked it. I've been saving that album to share with the forum on a special occasion. That one was my ace in the hole.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
She's A Find moved me. I know I've heard this name before and I'm saddened by not having checked them out earlier. The sensually driven strings and pace of the music with those twisted erotic vox make for great black and white scenery of some sort of nude imagery. The overly sensual theme of the album really lends itself to House of Ecstasy.

This theme just got a lot more competitive.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz is a blood drenched orgy of fervent goat corpse fukking insanity. Urga-Karma may hold a higher opinion from me, but the vag and cokk is magnified tenfold on this album in comparison.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz is a blood drenched orgy of fervent goat corpse fukking insanity. Urga-Karma may hold a higher opinion from me, but the vag and **** is magnified tenfold on this album in comparison.

Couldn't have put it better myself. What's more erotically metal than a bestial goat orgy?
Helloween can you fix Wildchild's Pure Filth album as - Infester - To the Depths, in Degradtion on your list? Thanks.

And speaking of, that makes two votes for Infester's seminal album as the filthiest shit that the disgusting genre of Metal has to offer. Speaks very well for that albums quality at evoking such a reaction.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I have to say. I love that Weighing Our Souls With Sand is in the competition twice. I love that album, it's such a shame he died as I ordered a copy! His death caused my order to be cancled
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Oh man that saxophone on Soft Cell's Sleazy City. Take me back to all those ladies from the 80's you fantastically gay amazing musicians. This was before Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These) and before Don't You Want Me and even slightly before Depeche Mode's top 20 UK debut New Life. And from such humble origins. It was just the last moment before sampling made it unnecessary for producers to know how to arrange. Guaranteed fun listening.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
I have to say. I love that Weighing Our Souls With Sand is in the competition twice. I love that album, it's such a shame he died as I ordered a copy! His death caused my order to be cancled

If you win a theme maybe I can send you a copy in the mail.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
If you win a theme maybe I can send you a copy in the mail.

Y U TEMPT ME

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Weighing Souls With Sand was employed for both Memories From Another World and Albums That Sound Like Its Artwork.

So not only did that album manage to sound like imagery and sensations but it also managed to look like it.

Wonderful.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Weighing Souls With Sand was employed for both Memories From Another World and Albums That Sound Like Its Artwork.

So not only did that album manage to sound like imagery and sensations but it also managed to look like it.

Wonderful.

Hugely underrated band. I remember putting this song on in one of my earliest stoner memories, back when I was 17 with some friends. I felt like I was melting. It's crushing yet beautiful yet hopelessly depressing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qxkzmhEQCc

As a side note, am I allowed to make a 8tracks taster playlist for my selections? It'd make it easier for people to see what I was getting at, but at the same time it's self promotion... let me know!

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 24, 2013,
8tracks would be perfect and very much encouraged.

Ctfod congrats on getting my vote in the House of Ecstasy theme.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
My descent starts with Thunderstorms. Wish me luck.

I'm really happy The Angelic Process is getting more appreciation, such excellent music. I'm also really anticipating the Memories From Another World section. They look really good, so I, hopefully, will have a tough time choosing.
Quote by Kepulix
I commend severed for Suffer No Guilt. TGoS' Conqueror was my initial choice for the theme, but I was pessimistic enough to think that the majority of you lot wouldn't appreciate the album.

Yes! That was actually my first pick, but I felt the remorseless barbarian about to rip into the skull of his foe on the cover of Suffer No Guilt symbolized how unrelenting the album is. A constant wave of the crushing, head-splitting metal.

---------------------------------------------

I don't really want to give reasons for any of my album choices yet until I have all of them laid out and ready to go, but I've got at least House of Ecstacy & Thunderstorms decided. Memories is actually kind of a tough one to decide on because I have only one notion of what this could mean and I was thrown in several different directions for this one, so it gave me a better perspective on what it could mean. Great picks. Will have to listen to all of them.

Helloween, if you get the chance could you add mine and ctfod's picks to the list, would be appreciated, thank you.
Yeah sorry ive been super busy today, Ill add the new contestants and fix any missing albums and such in the morning.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I'm planning to start listening through the other albums sometime today. I discovered some great albums last time (Vrolok - Void in particular)
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Players are encouraged to do 8tracks as they are immensely helpful.

Also by Saturday I should have one or two more votes up. Pure Filth for sure will be up.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 26, 2013,
Please not that there is an issue in as much as there are 7 categories but 8 tracks needs... well... 8 tracks. So I shoved a song off the last Deafheaven album on the end.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
That's what we will be doing on the next set of themes. This one we kind of winged it and I kind of over burdened us with themes. Next time we will be running much less themes if this same amount of players continue with us.

This time let us just try to be done by the end of January or so.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
picking my votes is going to be tougher than I thought.

I must say that the oddball theme of Ectasy was quite interesting. I can't wait to listen in on the other rounds. Most of the albums I know, but it is always nice to hear things that I have never come across before.

Except Ghost. fvck Ghost.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I'm stupidly happy that you see the appeal in Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret Mr. Progbass of the Swamp.

If you win a set of themes I have a strong inclination of what your first title will be.

I'll be placing two or three of my votes tomorrow, I already have them realized and just need to type it. I'm very happy with the player turn out and hope that voting continues through out January.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 28, 2013,
Pure Filth was genuinely hard to determine; I had back and changed my answer. None So Vile was very close to what I was going to pick and if it was Blasphemy Made Flesh, I would have chosen it. Symphonies of Sickness is the one I chose for my vote.

If any of my vote reasoning looks confusing, it's because they probably are because I'm fairly dense and type it all out in one go with next to no editing. So it's right off whatever tangent my mind was going on, therefore, incoherent. Sorry if it confused you or made you feel uncomfortable.
I've been stuck in Norway for a few days and I will be for a few more, so when I get back to civilisation I will get cracking on a few themes. Fortunately I've heard a lot of the albums so it shouldn't be too long to form a decision about how my picks were and are still superior
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by severed-metal

If any of my vote reasoning looks confusing, it's because they probably are because I'm fairly dense and type it all out in one go with next to no editing. So it's right off whatever tangent my mind was going on, therefore, incoherent. Sorry if it confused you or made you feel uncomfortable.

That's exactly how I do it, works for me haha.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Soft Cell in so many ways deserves the win Keps. I had a world of trouble choosing between Goat of Mendes and Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret, but ultimately it seems the goat had swayed my vote. But man that Soft Cell album was made for that theme. Woof my little doggy, woof.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 30, 2013,
Aye, I can completely understand those who feel inclined to vote for an actual metal album, though.

Think I'll go through the Tooth & Claw theme next. I can already see a few strong contenders, but I hope to be surprised. Arckanum for me was the first thing that came to mind and I didn't think twice. I don't think I've heard any other song that was as good a sonic representation of nature's destructive power as Þá Kómu Niflstormum.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I'm about to add my vote for Headbanging Heaven. Some damn good choices in that category and next I'll go onto Thunderstorms.

I have to say my choice for House Of Ecstasy was really shitty looking at it compared to everything else.
Your "fuck yeah" description of what Metal Moments and riffs should evoke in a listener was spot on Morphogenesis. It's what the Headbanging Heaven theme is all about!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Thanks, although, I felt like I said the word "riffs" too much, but damn it there can never be enough riffs!
The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas is one of my favorite short stories of all time.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Hatred For Mankind is essentially spawned from that room with the child. A fantastic album with some ambiguously genre bending songs.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I was so hopeful that it would get your vote after that long paragraph, and then you crushed my dreams, VG. ;_;

In all honesty, though, I almost chose Infester's release as my choice for Pure Filth as well, but I got a stronger "filth vibe" from Dragged Into Sunlight's than Infester's.
No it was but when I was making the player choices I somehow goofed up and skipped his Pure Filth pick. Both of you will be representing Infester in the Pure Filth category.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Yeah early Nuclear Death is filthy as fukk. Lori Bravo now makes paintings made out of blood, menstruation, semen and tears just to name a few of her ingredients.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I assumed that the Infester album would be prohibited since it can be the only true victor in this theme, so originally, I went for Carrion For Worm. Before finishing my PM, I went with Infester anyway
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
'Wart-encrusted sebaceous growths
Pustulating, bleeding piles are what I boast
Scabby and blistered pectoral skin flakes away
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...'

there is no refuting that. Carcass easily takes the (deceased) cake
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
No wonder Autumnal Winds sounded so familiar. I've been longing to hear something similar to Obsequiae, but somehow I didn't think about checking what the guys had been doing prior to that. Great stuff.

I only have Astrofaes to check out before I (probably) declare Ildjarn the winner of Tooth & Claw.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.