here is a link to a song: https://soundcloud.com/someone1236/random-stuff

I'm curious to know if this is good, bad or alright etc....
If it's terrible, please give me some advice that would benefit me such as, improving pitch, or singing with more power etc... and i would like to know how i can acheive those. I can't afford lessons, so that's out of question. thank you in advance.
Quote by someone1234
here is a link to a song: https://soundcloud.com/someone1236/random-stuff

I'm curious to know if this is good, bad or alright etc....
If it's terrible, please give me some advice that would benefit me such as, improving pitch, or singing with more power etc... and i would like to know how i can acheive those. I can't afford lessons, so that's out of question. thank you in advance.

Its not terrible. but it's not really good. you miss some notes and this song is just not in your tone hight.
It just needs a lot of practice.
Try and sing EXACTLY like the song at first, before you try and give your own spin.

Your voice sounds kind of lazy, if that makes sence, which to me, can be very pretty with the right songs.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Well, not totally awful. It would be easier to tell about pitching if you were singing to a backing track. IMO the best way to learn is to learn to play a guitar and sing along to that, even if you just strum the first chord of every bar style. Suggest you look on youtube for free singing lessons and especially breathing for singing as you sound quite breathless at the moment.
Sing LOUD and sing ON KEY. Find the octave that sounds best with the song and to suit your vocal range.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Its not terrible. but it's not really good. you miss some notes and this song is just not in your tone hight.
It just needs a lot of practice.
Try and sing EXACTLY like the song at first, before you try and give your own spin.

Your voice sounds kind of lazy, if that makes sence, which to me, can be very pretty with the right songs.

Thank you for the honesty. The review I got was better than last time. My pitch is improving but I'm not sure if understand what you mean by "tone hight". I only changed the key of the song to fit my vocal range. What songs would you recommend for me to sing? I like pop, but that requires a lot of energy in the vocals so how could I accomplish that? Thank you again.
Quote by someone1234
I like pop, but that requires a lot of energy in the vocals so how could I accomplish that? Thank you again.

Support. The sound is coming from your throat, it's very breathy, not on pitch, you sound a bit like a less raspy version of Roy Phillips from Fallout 3, to put it bluntly. You can change that completely, engage your core muscles, sing from your stomach, not your throat. A lot of people say 'Head Voice, Chest Voice', I would advise you not to use those terms as a beginner, as the sound doesn't resonate in the chest or the head, it's a complete misnomer, and I believe that it promotes weak high notes, a Tenor might say 'I sing from G4 to Bb4 in my head voice', that means he's got a weak tone, whereas someone who treats their voice as a whole would have the option of singing those notes with power, and softly if need be. I'm a Musical Theatre performer, but Opera is my base, and I still use the techniques from Opera when performing, as it teaches you to use your core correctly and to breathe properly, I would recommend getting tutorials on engaging support and breathing correctly, or even getting a singing teacher, a great singing teacher is worth their weight in gold, mine definitely is.

As for the energy in Pop songs, you want to engage Belt, high larynx placement, it's often described as a 'happy yell', and when you hear these pop singers hit high notes, they're generally using belt, it's a piercing, violently loud technique and borders on sounding unpleasant when not mixed and miced properly. I personally don't belt, as I've never really needed to, as I don't tend to touch the beltier male roles such as Judas and Freddie Trumper, but as a pop singer, it's definitely something to learn. That said, I'd exercise extreme caution with it and try to find a qualified Estill teacher if you want to sing pop, as it is so easy to wreck your voice by belting incorrectly.
Quote by someone1234
Thank you for the honesty. The review I got was better than last time. My pitch is improving but I'm not sure if understand what you mean by "tone hight". I only changed the key of the song to fit my vocal range. What songs would you recommend for me to sing? I like pop, but that requires a lot of energy in the vocals so how could I accomplish that? Thank you again.

I feel like Slow Dancing in a burning room - John Mayer (studio version, not nokia centre version), might fit your vocal style. he doesn't go that high and it's a bluesy pop song.
That or maybe Gravity by John Mayer.

With tone high I meant Octaves, you said you changed yours to fit your voice, but that makes a cover (to me anyway) less good.

I'd suggest searching youtube for lessons or take a singing instructor before you you start practicing bad habits.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500