I've recently treated myself to a resonator guitar, namely the Regal RC-3. It is a Duolian with a biscuit bridge:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/regal_rc_3.htm

Now I'm wondering about the string gauge and tunings. I'd like to try out the dobro tunings (GBDGBD), but I couldn't find much info on it. Could I risk it with the standard strings or should I try lighter strings or maybe even not use a standard set? Like using an A-string for the low G instead of a standard E-string. Maybe it is a bad idea to try GBDGBD on my guitar all together? I just don't know.

What's the standard string size on a RC-3 anyway? I couldn't find anything on that either.
If you have a shop close, just take it in and they'll throw a micrometer on the strings and tell you what gauge they are. Likely they are standard acoustic mediums... That's pretty much normal for resonators.
As to tunings... There are lots, of course. The two most-popular are open "G"...DGDGBD... A standard "G" chord, and open "D" DADF#AD.... A "D" Chord.
Both of these are overall lower than standard "concert"tuning.
The tuning you describe would be considerably higher...3 steps, or a whole bunch lower if you went the other way... Likely too low.
I'd stick with the standard open tunings for the present; open "G" is extremely popular and you can render nearly any blues tune and a whole bunch of early-rock stuff as well.
Quote by Bikewer
If you have a shop close, just take it in and they'll throw a micrometer on the strings and tell you what gauge they are. Likely they are standard acoustic mediums... That's pretty much normal for resonators.
As to tunings... There are lots, of course. The two most-popular are open "G"...DGDGBD... A standard "G" chord, and open "D" DADF#AD.... A "D" Chord.
Both of these are overall lower than standard "concert"tuning.
The tuning you describe would be considerably higher...3 steps, or a whole bunch lower if you went the other way... Likely too low.
I'd stick with the standard open tunings for the present; open "G" is extremely popular and you can render nearly any blues tune and a whole bunch of early-rock stuff as well.

I think you are getting the wrong picture. I've played lots of slide and different tunings on my electric guitar and my steel string. I have used open D/E, open G/A, DADGAD, open D/E minor and some custom tunings I have experimented with. Now that I have a resonator I want to know what I can do with it, especially if I can use the dobro tuning with it. There are a bunch of songs I've always wanted to learn on dobro, but I didn't want to buy a squareneck just for those songs.
Looking more closely at the tuning you mention, it's only the bass strings that are going to have more tension.... So I don't see why the guitar wouldn't take it.
Just for fun, you might carefully measure the string height for the bass strings at the 12th fret and then keep an eye on that with the new tuning... If the neck is staying stable you should be in good shape.
I know of several musicians who play "dobro style" with round-neck instruments.
Try this as a general guide. If you switch back & forth between a couple of tunings, a compromise must be considered. If you stick generally to the recommended gauges, your instrument will be fine.

http://b0b.com/include/StringGauge.pdf
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1