Greetings everyone!

Just curious as to what people on here are expecting, hoping and so on to see for NAMM 2014.

The three guitar companies I mainly pay attention to are ESP, Ibanez and Jackson. I'm really hoping Ibanez announces more RG guitars with fixed bridges and passive pickups along the $500-$600 range. I've been eyeing the RG premium line with the fixed bridges, but even then the prices are a bit too steep and I'm not packing a whole lot of $ at the moment.

I was also really impressed with the updates Jackson made to their pro line of guitars this year. Really hoping for a pro version of their King V with a fixed bridge and passive pickups.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-417
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
I'm hoping to have cocktails with Herman Li again

Edit: Also, the Marshall beer fridges! Badass
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Dec 24, 2013,
^ +1

I really really do want a Marshall fridge. Not sure why - I just think they are bad ass.

I hoping to see some more news on the EVH 5150 III S (special edition). It has the 'mod' that Eddie is currently running with and the black and grey stripes look phem. Someone on Rig-Talk got one.

(Also, I'd like to see the Bugera booth catch fire)
Quote by riffhog
I'm hoping to have cocktails with Herman Li again

Edit: Also, the Marshall beer fridges! Badass

I am hoping someone takes pictures and makes a thread with said pictures.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I would like to see the Jackson RR5 make its return.

I own one, and I was truly sorry when the factory in Japan who made them closed down. They have released a few new models after this catastrophy for their whole mid-range line, and I do like the Dinkys which are made in Mexico at Fender's factory there.

But looking at the Rhoads? Ugly black models with basswood bodies made in Indonesia? Hand rubbed necks? No thanks. The Rhoads need an upper mid-range model like the RR5 was. No one would be more happy than me if they released a Made in Mexico alder-winged neck-through Rhoads in white with gold hardware and Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB-pickups. No one.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I'm just hoping that the new Fireman the Paul Gilbert is announcing at NAMM comes out sooner rather than later this year. It looks awesome.
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Not much really.

All I'd really like to see is a Prestige RGA with cooler inlays than dots.

Maybe a new RGD model or two?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by R45VT
I am hoping someone takes pictures and makes a thread with said pictures.

If I knew how to upload pics to the thread, I could make this REALLY interesting NOW
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Quote by riffhog
If I knew how to upload pics to the thread, I could make this REALLY interesting NOW

Photobucket. Lazy ass. I used 30% of my total storage on NAMM from last year with only half of my pictures uploaded. We need to live vicariously through you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by R45VT
Photobucket. Lazy ass. I used 30% of my total storage on NAMM from last your with only half of my pictures uploaded. We need to live vicariously through you.

Just tried to upload through the phone, but the pics are WAY too much data. I'll give the photobucket a try in a bit. I did that several years ago, & it worked ok...just time consuming. I will try, because I have some seriously cool pics, aaaaannnnddd....because you know I love you guys
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Funniest thing was taking pictures of JP at the music man booth and then posting them in EG with comments of some random bald guy wanking on guitar. A few people thought I didn't know who he was. Did that with a few others too.

Do it on your computer not over your phone... You'd be an old man be the time you finished.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
Funniest thing was taking pictures of JP at the music man booth and then posting them in EG with comments of some random bald guy wanking on guitar. A few people thought I didn't know who he was. Did that with a few others too.

Do it on your computer not over your phone... You'd be an old man be the time you finished.

Dude, I'm an old man NOW. I'll be DEAD by then
I think I'll have some extra time here at work this afternoon, so I'll see what I can do.
Otherwise, I'll work on it after xmas when I have a few days off. Some of the pics are really f#@king cool.

Edit: Pretty funny about what you did with the JP pics. What's really funny is that I was at that same booth right when he got there, & got a cool pic with him. He was sort of lost, looking for whoever was in charge so he could do his signing session poor bastard got mobbed right after I got the pic. You & I were probably standing right next to each other
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by riffhog at Dec 24, 2013,
Someday, I'll go. Was hoping to make it out this year, but I've just got too much crap goin on. Summer NAMM would be cool, if I can afford it then.

TBH, there's not a whole lot that excites me as far as gear is concerned. Guitars and amps aren't really adding much new to the market as it is, I'm most excited about all the innovations and super cheap, high quality, clones in recording lately. Warm Audio 1176 clone is at the top of my "2014 Things to Buy List."
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd like to see an easy 112 Line 6 combo, with the POD HDX as the preamp.

Why the hell isn't that a thing yet? Peavey got the jump on them with the VIP doing bass models. But I need more flexibility with my FX god damn it. And I don't want to have a cluster**** of gear for my practice rig (POD + powered wedge or poweramp & cab). Just a simple 112 combo.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 24, 2013,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Someday, I'll go. Was hoping to make it out this year, but I've just got too much crap goin on. Summer NAMM would be cool, if I can afford it then.

TBH, there's not a whole lot that excites me as far as gear is concerned. Guitars and amps aren't really adding much new to the market as it is, I'm most excited about all the innovations and super cheap, high quality, clones in recording lately. Warm Audio 1176 clone is at the top of my "2014 Things to Buy List."

I'm with you on the gear thing. Not much crazy cool stuff, but I did get to check out the Kemper Profiling Amp at the last NAMM, which was very interesting. I mostly just walk around, catch up with old friends, have a few drinks, & find out where the hot shows & after-parties are.
Would be great for a bunch of us to get together
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Yeah. Use your computer, not your phone to do this. If you have an android
Phone, use Kiess Air app to copy them to your PC.

Edit: yeah I am familiar with your limitations (and strengths)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 24, 2013,
There have been rumors of a jackson Jake E Lee sig coming. Might be announced at this NAMM.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yeah. Use your computer, not your phone to do this. If you have an android
Phone, use Kiess Air app to copy them yo PC

Hi, 311!
Yeah, I gotta wait to go home....I have an iphone 5 that needs itunes to load pics, & our work pcs block i-everything
I'll try to dial in the process so I can get some cool stuff on here. I may try to adjust the camera resolution at NAMM to be able to instantly upload pics here. We'll see , I guess.
You KNOW how bad I am with computer/phone stuff
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by ambler3
I use picasa to upload photos from the computer, then link them in. it's pretty fast.

Thanks. I've heard of that, but never seen it in operation. Maybe I'll give that a try.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

The tone print editor for tc electronics pedals. I can dream can't I?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by HomerSGR
I would like to see the Jackson RR5 make its return.

But looking at the Rhoads? Ugly black models with basswood bodies made in Indonesia? Hand rubbed necks? No thanks. The Rhoads need an upper mid-range model like the RR5 was. No one would be more happy than me if they released a Made in Mexico alder-winged neck-through Rhoads in white with gold hardware and Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB-pickups. No one.

Have you taken a look at the Pro version of the Rhoads? It looks pretty good to me. I'm not all that crazy about the finishes, but it looks like a solid guitar.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-417
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Quote by riffhog
Dude, I'm an old man NOW. I'll be DEAD by then
I think I'll have some extra time here at work this afternoon, so I'll see what I can do.
Otherwise, I'll work on it after xmas when I have a few days off. Some of the pics are really f#@king cool.

Edit: Pretty funny about what you did with the JP pics. What's really funny is that I was at that same booth right when he got there, & got a cool pic with him. He was sort of lost, looking for whoever was in charge so he could do his signing session poor bastard got mobbed right after I got the pic. You & I were probably standing right next to each other

Here is the EG thread. Some a-hole was bitching about not enough fender guitars when they all look the same.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585136&page=1&pp=20&highlight=NAMM

Even of you aren't looking for new gear it really is fun to go to. So much to see. I took 2 days off work to just get lost in there. Ran into a few friends of my twin there too.

Saw Craig and got to rock on the ASG Hybris. That was a fun amp, I really hope it is doing them well as it kicked some ass. Had some high gain and still had serious clarity and dynamics.

EG sucks. Don't post there unless you troll them. Unappreciative bastards.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by Offworld92
I'd like to see an easy 112 Line 6 combo, with the POD HDX as the preamp.

Why the hell isn't that a thing yet? Peavey got the jump on them with the VIP doing bass models. But I need more flexibility with my FX god damn it. And I don't want to have a cluster**** of gear for my practice rig (POD + powered wedge or poweramp & cab). Just a simple 112 combo.

They have the DT25/DT50 combos, which essentially do this when you have the HD300/400/500 floorboards. I don't think they'll slim it down any further but hey, we can dream.
Quote by Dan_5893
They have the DT25/DT50 combos, which essentially do this when you have the HD300/400/500 floorboards. I don't think they'll slim it down any further but hey, we can dream.

Way too expensive and tube tech is not good for a practice amp. At least for me when I might want to leave the amp on for hours at a time.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X