Page 1 of 2
The Christmas Presents Thread

(I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas - this is just for fun)

Post your Christmas gifts in here if you like. Doesn't necessarily have to be guitar related

for example I got this last year...

what ya'll get?
Fingers crossed!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I gave my brother an amp for his studio.

Wish i would have thought ahead and ordered some transformers and a chassis to build myself another one over the break.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
I gave my brother an amp for his studio.

Wish i would have thought ahead and ordered some transformers and a chassis to build myself another one over the break.

That's funny I'm giving my brother my modified Peavey Windsor studio and a Dean EVO that I have been restoring for the last 2 years
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Christmas day ain't for another 5 hours for me...about 12 hours I count what time my family actually opens things (we wait for my little brother and sister to wake up, it's usually about 7am that they do).

I'm just hoping for some cash really.
I don't really like people 'surprising me' with a well thought out gift because it's usually something I don't want or need and then I have to act really appreciative about my 12th copy of Halo 3...
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.

i got enough for everyone here.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I didn't ask for anything music related, and haven't for years. Anything I'd actually use would be very expensive and I don't expect anyone to get me that kind of stuff as gifts :P
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haven't done Christmas yet, but this is my Black Friday haul (minus Hoof, I already had that).

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by MatrixClaw
I didn't ask for anything music related, and haven't for years. Anything I'd actually use would be very expensive and I don't expect anyone to get me that kind of stuff as gifts :P

same here
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by MatrixClaw

What you need is a new, additional circle of friends.
I'm just asking for forgiveness.

Because I spent everything I would have used for their presents on a Korg Kronos 73, an AX-90 stand, a pair of KRK Rokit 8 speakers, a Pod HD and a Variax JTV-89F during October and November.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Know that feeling, there's barely anything under £100+ that i'm in need of when it comes to music/recording gear wise.
Beware of that whole girlfriend wearing nothing but a big bow routine.

My wife was NOT pleased.
Mesa verticle 2x12 cab.

We haven't exchanged gifts yet, but that's what I asked for and there has been a massive box that says Mesa on it in the living room for two weeks, so it's safe to assume the wife hooked me up.
Last edited by Grawgos at Dec 24, 2013,
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by MatrixClaw

pretty much this. my loving woman asked about getting me guitar stuff but she doesn't have a clue about what I want or would actually use. she can't even remember the names of the guitars I have (the boring black one, the pretty red one etc).
I will probably keep using tortex sharps but when desperate ............. beats bread ties
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^I think someone got you the wrong thing, that says Nikon on it...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've always been a Canon guy, but I didn't specify brand when asked, and they got a really good deal on that one. I was up in the air on the Nikon v Canon actually, after researching them for a few months. So far so good though, anything beats my old camera or my phone.
Dunlop Capo and a Carl Martin Pro Power block for my effects pedals... Joan Jett vinyl, german beer drinking stein and an auto detailing kit from Chem Guys (The pro-sumer level)
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
she comes home from the shelter once she's been spay'd. she had pups 7-8 weeks ago and needs a good home. she's about two years old, and appears to be a lab/shepherd mutt.

her name is Noelle, and she doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
now there is a gift that will keep on giving for years to come congrats greg. I got a Jason (Friday the 13th) action figure that is kind of like an old gi joe in htat it has real clothes very cool. our family decided to for go the gift thing (except for the kids) years ago as we are all pushing 50 or over at this point. of course there is my better half but we are saving to get a new place so we decided to keep the presents down to a minimum this year.
omg! puppy!!!!

I got a guitar. i'll post a pic, because i want to get in on this thread, year 1!

merry xmas
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sweet gibby!! how thin is it? like semi acoustic thin or ??

yeah she's still a pup basically, but she knows how to potty outside and walks nice on a leash. seems very trainable and really just needs a home. in the past two months she's had pups (8) and been in shelters in alabama, tennessee, indiana and now illinois. so she's been poked and prodded a whole lot and really just needs a stable home. we're hoping she can come home this weekend some time.

she needs a bath.
My previous dog was a shepherd x lab. She was a fantastic dog. Good combination.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Puppy!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I was gonna post my new amp, but the puppy wins!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
thanks guys - pretty psyched.

CARROT post up that amp!
^it's a solid body (think godin) but it's got a little cutout for "sound hole."

I'm still learning about it, and it has a little weight to it, which i always hate, But it's on the small side, and sounds amazing plugged in. so i'm liking it big time.

I love the idea of saving a dog. all strays need to be fixed. too many little puppies out there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll post it tomorrow evening. Got my son over and hes being a handful tonight so cant take sexy pics of the amp aha.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
All I really got was 4 Hercules Wall Hangers. I just bought myself a Peavey 6505+ 2 months ago so I didn't really need/want anything else atm. Oh and a gift card to my local music center.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I got a nice set of kitchen knives. Oh yea!

Congrats on the dog, Greg!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Welp, I'm happy.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I got a FuzzHugger Algal Bloom, which in the traditional spirit of amateur reviewing hyperbole I have decided after 2 days is the best fuzz pedal I've ever owned.

I also realised I probably class as a complete music anorak because among the CDs I got were a Doc Watson album from 1962, a Nick Cave live album and a Mark Lanegan covers album...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I got...

• Google Nexus 7 32GB
  • Nintendo 3DS XL w/ Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon X (so I have something to do at work in my downtime )
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (360)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (360)
  • The Hunger Games on Bluray
  • The Hobbit on Bluray
  • Dexter the Final Season on DVD
  • A sports watch that calculates calories burned, heart rate, etc. (I bought one for my girlfriend and thought it was really cool, so she bought me one, too)
  • Stephen Hawking: A Brief History in Time
  • H.G. Wells: War of the Worlds
  • Douglas Adams: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Fancy sweater to wear to work when it's cold
  • Black dress shirt
  • Bunch of candy
  • $50 Visa gift card
  • Oh and a giant package of fireworks for New Year's
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 2