Hi guys, I just got a Scarlett 2i2 to record guitar with. It came with Ableton Live Lite.

I followed instructions on the youtube tutorials, set the input and outputs to be the scarlett, and have my headphones plugged into it.

So far, I can hear my guitar through my headphones in the Scarlett, and when I record, I can see that my guitar is being recorded. BUT, every time I try to re-play my recording, I don't hear my guitar, just random staticky sounds in place of my recording. I tried to use Audacity and encountered the same problem.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I am not sure if this is correct since I don't own a scarlett 2i2 but have you installed the audio drivers for your PC's motherboard?
Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube
Quote by zefs
I am not sure if this is correct since I don't own a scarlett 2i2 but have you installed the audio drivers for your PC's motherboard?

Thanks zefs, I think I did. It came with a disc and I installed the driver on it.

I've been playing around with the preferences, but it hasn't helped.

The Audio Input was set to the Scarlett 2i2, and the Audio Output was set to the Scarlett 2i2 also.

So basically it's my guitar plugged into the focusrite line 1-->my computer via USB-->Ableton Live Lite

And my Headphones plugged into the headphone output of the focusrite so I can hear what I'm playing.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Dec 25, 2013,
did you switch the tracks in ableton on? (the numbers in the yellow blocks, if turned on)?
or did you set the track on in only and so turned the out off?
Quote by jaspervdv
did you switch the tracks in ableton on? (the numbers in the yellow blocks, if turned on)?
or did you set the track on in only and so turned the out off?

Hmm I'm not sure actually, I didn't know I could turn the track on and off.

Edit:
Good news, I played around the preferences a bit and re-downloaded the drivers and it seem to be working! Thanks so much for the help guys.

No problem, glad you solved the issue. Have fun!
Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube