legit, really like the boomy drum tones. the whole thing has a really live quality, where everything kind of mushes together, but the instruments' attacks and all that still really cut through the mix when they need to. the blast beats are really tight and crisp.

the breakdown riff in the mid-section of the song is a little generic, but that doesn't bother me considering it's well implemented. overall, it all flows pretty nicely to me. the structure is choppy, but not choppy in a way that detracts from the song quality; if anything, it adds to it. also, the part with the voice samples was a nice touch, like that a lot too.

i'll post a C4C, but i haven't made a thread yet... i'll edit it in when i'm done.

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32213393#post32213393

i'd appreciate any feedback. thanks.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 25, 2013,
Quote by Dregen
legit, really like the boomy drum tones. the whole thing has a really live quality, where everything kind of mushes together, but the instruments' attacks and all that still really cut through the mix when they need to. the blast beats are really tight and crisp.

the breakdown riff in the mid-section of the song is a little generic, but that doesn't bother me considering it's well implemented. overall, it all flows pretty nicely to me. the structure is choppy, but not choppy in a way that detracts from the song quality; if anything, it adds to it. also, the part with the voice samples was a nice touch, like that a lot too.

i'll post a C4C, but i haven't made a thread yet... i'll edit it in when i'm done.

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32213393#post32213393

i'd appreciate any feedback. thanks.

Thank you man. This was my first attempt at grindcore, also I'm just starting to get the hang of production, I think I got pretty close to what I wanted. The drums were programmed and the bass is just a detuned guitar.

Just one question though, you mentioned the middle had voice samples, that was actually an uncut sample from a movie. Should they be louder? Was it too hard to make out what they were saying? I had trouble deciding how/where to mix it. Thanks. I'll get right to your thread.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
10/10 would grind to.

Please do, you can download the song and work out to it. I'm sorry there are no vocals =/ Maybe you can make your own and have a ball lol.
Last edited by CF_Mono at Dec 25, 2013,
Quote by CF_Mono
Thank you man. This was my first attempt at grindcore, also I'm just starting to get the hang of production, I think I got pretty close to what I wanted. The drums were programmed and the bass is just a detuned guitar.

i kinda had a (very) small notion that the drums were programmed... mostly because i heard some varying differences in the snare tones. it works pretty well.

Just one question though, you mentioned the middle had voice samples, that was actually an uncut sample from a movie. Should they be louder? Was it too hard to make out what they were saying? I had trouble deciding how/where to mix it. Thanks. I'll get right to your thread.

i need to listen to it on earphones, and i'll get back to you on that. i played it over my laptop speakers, so i was getting mostly treble and that stuff. not to say my headphones are much better, but i'll be able to hear everything more closely.