I'm making my own telecaster and I have everything cut and I bought some EMG's thinking they're pretty versatile pickups because I do alot of different kinds of music so I wanted some different sounds... Little did i know.. They don't fit in the pickguard or bridge... I dont like string through bridges so I don't want to get a new one.. and pickguard I'd be going into the mounting holes.. My band plays alot of Mayday Parade type music if that helps.. We also do some metal and even country... Like i said.. I play it all so i just want some tips on where i should be headed.. I'm the lead singer in my band and I want to start playing guitar more in it.. I'm used to acoustics so anything past "what wood sounds like what" I know nothing.. So i barely know Active vs. Passive.. And I don't have a battery place routed out yet either..

P.s. I'm new to this whole Forum thing so.. Sorry if i do something wrong.
First of all, what kind of budget do you have for pickups?

Second, you say you're building it yourself- from a kit, or are you doing your own woodwork?

Third, I looked at a couple of Mayday Parade's videos: saw a semihollow Tele, an LP of some kind, and something that looked like a Musicman, each with 2 humbuckers. If you're looking for their sound, that's a starting point.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 24, 2013,
I'm willing to go up to around but not over 200.. It's partially a kit.. I made the body but was too lazy to build the neck..
I'm also looking for more of their rock sound.. Like Jamie All Over, its their old sound..
Well, in that video, one guy is playing a HB equipped LP style guitar, the other is playing a guitar with at least a singlecoil in the neck.

Is any part of your project guitar's body routing, bridge or pickguard made for HBs? If not, you may have to do some woodworking or buy some new parts if you want that HB sound.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by Fumble fingers at Dec 25, 2013,
Not only is that cool, those pix answered a question about G&L's metal flake finishes!