Anybody own / used to own pet rats?

How did you find them? Males or females? I'm looking at getting two males.
RIP Tom Searle.
They will walk on your arm and rub their wieners on you and leave pee trails.

That's the worst of it though. I had two males. One was hyper and hilarious, the other was super scared and boring. Really depends on the personality of the rat to determine if you'll enjoy having them as pets.

They die quick though. Average life expectancy is like two years.
I had pet mice for a while. They're pretty entertaining. They lived in an aquarium with a grated top and they'd jump on the ceiling and walk upside down. I put a little hamster wheel in their, they'd run on it as fast as they could and then grab onto it with their claws and spin upside down a few times then keep running. They were extremely jumpy when anyone came near their cage. Rats might be a little different though. You have to be careful putting two into the same cage when it comes to genders. I know two females are fine, but males are different. You'll have to look it up
Quote by Tracii Lee
I had pet mice for a while. They're pretty entertaining. They lived in an aquarium with a grated top and they'd jump on the ceiling and walk upside down. I put a little hamster wheel in their, they'd run on it as fast as they could and then grab onto it with their claws and spin upside down a few times then keep running. They were extremely jumpy when anyone came near their cage. Rats might be a little different though. You have to be careful putting two into the same cage when it comes to genders. I know two females are fine, but males are different. You'll have to look it up

I'd love ot have pet mice but they seem too smart to keep in a little tank like that. I normally don't give two ****s about an animal's feeling but that would feel mean.
Weird girls own rats.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The aquarium I had them in was pretty decently sized, I wouldn't of put more than two of them in it though. They would run around and build tunnels in the wood flakes we put down as a floor. They'd jump on their water thingy and swing around on it, give each other piggy back rides, play tag, do all kinds of stuff. We'd take empty coffee cans and cut out little doorways and gave each of them a little house. If you put a rag in their cage, they'd build a tent out of it. Sometimes they'd get a running start and try to run up the glass walls, haha.

I was pretty sad when they died after about two years. I would recommend getting a cage and not an aquarium. They were too afraid of me whenever I tried to get them out to clean or to play with them, if I did they would try and escape or panic so much I was afraid I'd give them a heart attack. With a cage you can put your hand next to it and let them get used to your scent
I already have a 5ft aquarium in my room that has a breeding pair of Tiger Oscars haha. I'm definitely going with cage

Thanks for the replies, btw.
RIP Tom Searle.
I bought two males the other day. They're loads of fun and pretty easy to take care of. One is really affectionate and loves coming out and being played with, the other is shit scared of everything.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
I bought two males the other day. They're loads of fun and pretty easy to take care of. One is really affectionate and loves coming out and being played with, the other is shit scared of everything.

Same but I have 2 females. I suspect one likes weed.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??