Mahogany body w/flamed maple cap
Push/pull coil splitting on each volume knob
GraphTech™ Tusq nut
TonePros™ Nickel Kluson™ Deluxe 15:1
7 ply tortoise binding
24.75" set neck
12" radius maple fretboard, jumbo nickel steel frets, medium C neck
Electra MagnaFlux (Alnico V) pickups

What can I say? Nice axe, nice finish, nice curves.

The tortoise binding, marker blocks and pickguard look great with the flamed maple top. Strong contrast & classy.

The set neck has a wonderful contour to it. Upper fret access is possibly the best & most comfortable of any guitar I have. The neck shape is most similar to the Reverends I own.

The pickups themselves deliver solid R&R tones, with nice harmonics. They're not the cleanest HBs I've heard, but they're plenty clean enough. Juuust a taste of grit at my cleanest settings. I don't think they're going to be candidates for a swap. I've mostly been playing with the neck pickup coil split. Sustain is very good.

The one concern I have is tuning stability. My lowest 3 strings often slip @ a half note overnight, but not while playing. There could be several reasons for this, the most probable being the weather has been very whacky lately. All of my guitars are being a little touchy, so I'm not surprised that the newest one would be too.

One other thing stood out: Electra's customer service. When I ordered it, they asked me how I wanted it set up, what tuning I wanted it in, and what gauges of strings I wanted, I told them I wanted a low action, tuned CGDAEG: 052, 042-044, 030-034, 016, 011, 009

And that is essentially what I got. The strings were actually a half note down, presumably for shipping purposes.

I was also told that they're happy to modify their own guitars...but ask that you spend some time with the stock guitar before sending it back to them. And so far, nobody has sent one back for modding. So, unless their artists are using other shops to mod their guitars, anyone famous you see playing an Omega is probably playing the same thing the regular joes are.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 25, 2013,
Beautiful guitar Happy new Gear Day!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
I thought this was gonna be a telecaster thread. Thanks for proving me wrong. I’m not sure if I like the front more or that sweet neck joint. Grats!
Beautiful! HNGD, Danny. Does the pots being in line take any getting used to or does it feel natural?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
That's pretty nice, but the cut of the neck joint looks kinda wobbly... Is that right or is it the picture?
Thanks, all!

Now, answers, In no particular order:

1) How do you mean the neck joint "looks wobbly?" It feels solid. The finish is very glossy, though, and I found it difficult to photograph. It could just be the contours of the neck creating an optical illusion, I suppose.

2) The linear pots configuration is different, no doubt. It's sorta like you'd find on a Telecaster. Hmmm...that may make it the perfect LP for a Tele player.

3) like I said, the pickups are not so clean as a vintage HB, so this ISN'T the LP for jazz cats. But they don't scream like the high-output ones you can get. So they occupy a nice middle ground, perfect for some gritty blues, classic rock to hard rock or vintage metal.

I have only a few guitars tuned to CGDAEG at the moment, covering a spectrum of tones. On one end, I have my Dean Time Capsule Cadillac, which really brings the thunder with its 3 higher-output HBs. On the other end, I have a RockBeach custom HSS- the Tesla singlecoils are sweet & clean, and the Tesla HB brings the nasty. The Electra is sitting almost dead center.

4) to be clear, the Electra that made this guitar is a new company built on the ashes of the old. A couple of industry vets bought the rights to the IP etc. of the original Electra (who made guitars for guys like Peter Frampton in the 1970s), and have tried to re-launch the brand with some modern manufacturing techniques.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Sorry. I mean wonky. It looks like the point where the colour changes that it's all curvy and stuff.
Quote by Mephaphil
Sorry. I mean wonky. It looks like the point where the colour changes that it's all curvy and stuff.

Yeah, it is a bit wonky, but part of that is also due to the interaction of curves, finish and photographer.

What there actually is of curves in the join I suspect is due to an unwillingness to let decent wood go to waste if you can make it work. Towards the center of the join, there is a tiny curve in an otherwise straight seam. Looking closely, it s either a shim or- much more likely, considering the color and precision of the work- a piece of the neck was accidentally trimmed off and glued back in place on assembly.

Because that join is rock-solid, despite its non-linear appearance.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 25, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
it looks really comfortable to me.

what does she weigh?

Damn if I know! I'll try to find a working scale soon.

I was also half-expecting a telecaster but im glad I was wrong because Les Pauls are where the real womanly curves are and this guitar is smoking hot. Im so jelly...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hot.

Tell me more about Electra. I know there are old MIJ Electras floating around, but you say this is a new company? Did they just form?
Quote by samuraigoomba
Hot.

Tell me more about Electra. I know there are old MIJ Electras floating around, but you say this is a new company? Did they just form?

Electra was relaunched earlier this year by a group of industry vets (with backgrounds at Dean, Gibson, Parker, Peavey, and Washburn). Out of the gate they are releasing modernized Electra models starting with the Omega. Expected in early '14 are the Phoenix guitar and bass, Invicta, and all new Talon.

website is http://www.electraguitar.com/
Former Dean luthier Ben Chafin has been trying to resurrect the Electra brand since 2009, when one came into his shop for some work. While trying to get all the various contracts, he designed some prototypes using original Electra's as his guide. He cleared the final hurdles in 2012, and his first hire was Mick Don ner, whose resumé included stints at Dean, Washburn, Gibson, Peavey and Parker. Between them, they have something like 55 years in the biz.

For more: http://www.electraguitar.com/history/

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 26, 2013,
Oddly for some reason, the site keeps censoring Mick's last name "******"

Well, their list of dealers is growing:

http://www.electraguitar.com/dealers/

But unusually, I actually got mine directly from Electra. I forget how I actually stumbled upon them in the first place, but I got on their mailing list early on. I had asked them a few questions about their products, and then, over the holidays, they did a classic marketing move for a start-up: they offered me a limited-time direct-sales deal. It's a way to get market share and some early word-of-mouth.

And in my case, it worked!

Damnnnn!

I love em thick!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Oddly for some reason, the site keeps censoring Mick's last name "******"

probably don ner deal aka mar c ma rt who kept spamming up the forum with those mooer pedal deals
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is a really beautiful looking guitar.

A worthy second to my carved maple top.

Quote by Dave_Mc
probably don ner deal aka mar c ma rt who kept spamming up the forum with those mooer pedal deals

****** Deal and ********? Never heard of 'em.

Jackasses, apparently.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. Electra is one of those companies I'm going to keep an eye on to see if they introduce anything else noteworthy.

*sigh* Dammit. You got me excited.

HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
****** Deal and ********? Never heard of 'em.

Jackasses, apparently.

yeah pretty much
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it american made?
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
It's actually a MiK. Like other brands I know- Reverend, Tradition, Malden- they're designed in the USA, with some of the final steps done here.

Nice, MiK are pretty nice.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20