Okay so it's early xmas morning here and i'm downstairs while everyone else is upstairs. My mum got me an electric guitar for xmas and it's my first electric one but i've been playing acoustic for about a month and a half now. The thing is I think i've ****ed it up already :/ it was playing fine until I did the most stupid thing ever. You're all gonna call me a ****** and yeah okay I deserve it but I just need some advice. I stupidly tried to put the whammy bar in the hole where the power cable goes and was moving it around inside. Then I realised I was being an idiot and had put it in the wrong place :/ now whenever I plug the power cable into my guitar it doesn't really stay in and falls out easily and there is no sound when i play. The only way to get it to work is if I sort of push the power cable in hard and like hold the cable upwards at the same time. Is there anything I can do to fix this like take it to a shop? or would I have to get a completely new guitar??? I feel so ****ing shit atm dude
You can most probably get it fixed for a small fee and some inconvenience. I haven't actually heard of anyone who has done this, but you really have to screw over the guitar to need to get a brand new one.
Quote by triface
You can most probably get it fixed for a small fee and some inconvenience. I haven't actually heard of anyone who has done this, but you really have to screw over the guitar to need to get a brand new one.

What he said. Just take it to a local guitar/music store and see what they have to say. Most likely they will fix it for a small fee, might take a couple of days or so tho depending on the shop.
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
Quote by chookiecookie
you put the tremelo arm....

...where the power cable goes.....

....what?

Bahahahaha
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
bring it back to the store where your mom bought it and tell them it never worked. maybe they'll fix it for free...
Quote by flexiblemile
bring it back to the store where your mom bought it and tell them it never worked. maybe they'll fix it for free...

Id go this route. Just act like it came broken lol.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3