Hello UG

I have been playing the guitar for about a year now and its time i got an amp.The soundcard + software thing is practical but i want to try the real deal.

Looking for a simple 2 channel tube amp with seperate eq for clean and od channels.The lower wattage the better since i am a bedroom guitarist

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Quote by flyingenc
Hello UG

I have been playing the guitar for about a year now and its time i got an amp.The soundcard + software thing is practical but i want to try the real deal.

Looking for a simple 2 channel tube amp with seperate eq for clean and od channels.The lower wattage the better since i am a bedroom guitarist

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I do Believe were gunna need some more info

*style of Music you´ll be playing

mabye even what gear you already have and will be using (pedals, guitars and what not)
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
I'm not in the USA so only global brands.
Don't really have a price range,i want the price/performance to be good and it shouldn't cost a fortune.
I play rock and metal mostly,usually bright mid/treble tones.
Last edited by flyingenc at Dec 25, 2013,
Maybe a Laney Cub? 10 or 15 watt, about 300$ and good quality.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Dec 25, 2013,
Quote by guitar/bass95
Maybe a Laney Cub? 10 or 15 watt, about 300$ and good quality.

I am looking for an amp with a clean and od channel with seperate eq for each.
Quote by flyingenc
I am looking for an amp with a clean and od channel with seperate eq for each.

Oh right, I missed that the cub shares the EQ for the channels or whatever you want to call the different watt inputs.

Well, the thing is that many lower-wattage tube amps have a shared EQ or only a single channel, including Fender Champs, Marshall DSL's, Laneys and Vox AC's for example.

What are you willing to spend? I checked all 15w and 20w combos from popular manufacturers and found nothing with separate EQ's, they are rare with low watt amps.
Quote by guitar/bass95
Oh right, I missed that the cub shares the EQ for the channels or whatever you want to call the different watt inputs.

Well, the thing is that many lower-wattage tube amps have a shared EQ or only a single channel, including Fender Champs, Marshall DSL's, Laneys and Vox AC's for example.

What are you willing to spend? I checked all 15w and 20w combos from popular manufacturers and found nothing with separate EQ's, they are rare with low watt amps.

Well then i guess i will have to settle with a dual channel shared eq one.The max i can spend is 1k.
Quote by flyingenc
Well then i guess i will have to settle with a dual channel shared eq one.The max i can spend is 1k.

I didn't mean they don't exist, just that they are rare and since I live in europe and use european music stores, I also have worse selection And since your budget is that high, you could get a 20 watt Peavey Valveking as suggested before. But I really can't be of more help, wait for advice from other people too.
the Peavey Valveking or 6505+ combo would work depending on your clean needs ( valveking has a way better clean channel but the 6505 is more of a metal amp) granted they are 50 and 60 watt amps but both have a volume knob that works. personally I use a VK for practice and it sounds fine at low volumes. both feature separate eqs
Problem is Peavy isn't sold here.

Fender,Marshall and Mesa Boogie are 3x price in dollars alone,imagine the price in our currency

That leaves Randall,Orange,Laney,Blackstar,Roland.

Gonna keep looking,thanks for the help.