I ordered 2 Eminence 16ohm Tonker speakers to go in my newly acquired Electric 2x12. Joel from Electric said those were the recommended speakers. I ordered from an amazon store since it was almost half off through the store, but received Eminence Tonker LITEs instead! In case you are unfamiliar, the tonker lite is apparently a neo speaker? It is 125W as opposed to the Tonker which is 150W, it is considerably lighter, and apparently has less low end.

I have mesa boogie black shadows in the cabinet now that I hate. I play metal mostly, and drop tune to A or B usually. I realize in some peoples eyes/ears less low end is usually a bad thing if youre playing heavier music, but im wondering if there is that much of a difference between the two speakers that it will actually be noticeable.

So i guess the question is, should I return them or not? Also, the tonker lites are listed at 20 bucks more on the amazon store then the tonkers. Not sure why, it's usually the opposite anywhere else.
Okay, let me insert some info about speaker wattage in order to help you answer your question yourself. The way I understand it, your question basically is "will these speakers be loud and punchy enough wiht 25W less?".

Here it goes:
Typically speakers generate 85 to 92db, measured at 1 meter with 1 watt applied. Sound like much? It should. A starting jumbo jet has 120 db, which is about the same as an average drummer. For comparison, speaking at normal volume is about 20db. Now every time you double the wattage of your amp, you increase the db by 3. Doesn't sound like much? Good.

Let me make this clearer: If you have a 50W speaker and you want to double the db, you would need to multiply the wattage by 10.

So theoretically, the difference of 25W is not even noticable.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
^ dB-what? dB SPL? dB A? dB is a relative value…

I'd say if it's not what you ordered then send it back! Unless of course it's worth more than what you paid...
sorry, should have said it. SPL. But the matter should be clear, regardles of whether A or SPL.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
It's up to you, really. They're not the speakers you ordered, and if you definitely wanted them, then I'd send them back.

But as you said, you've actually kinda lucked into a slightly better deal. It's your call, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The only issue I can see is if you had any problems - I'd guess the warranty would only cover the item you bought, and as you technically didn't buy the speakers you have, you probably don't have any warranty.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
That's a good point, I didn't think of that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say try them out. If you don't like them, send them back with "I didn't notice they were the wrong speakers until I tried them out and they sounded like crapola..."

Neo speakers -- any neo speakers -- are a bit pricey these days, since US production hasn't caught up to the demand for neo magnets (and Chinese producers decided to bump the pricing through the roof). If you like them, consider that they're also noticeably lighter (7 lbs each).