Can developing endurance while playing perfectly at comfortable speed improve your overall speed? For example, I've been practicing downpicking and couldn't go past 200 bpm 8 th notes (M.o.P spider riff), so I looped gp5 file and played at 200bpm couple of 3 minutes rounds (which is though for me, it's tiryng). So a week later, I managed to play at original M.o.P speed, and when when I practiced at that speed for couple of minutes, I managed to play it even faster, but not for long period of time, off course. So I know that alternate picking is different in terms of synchronization, but if I play cyrcle lick for 2-3 minuts rounds at my comfortable speed, where my synch is perfect, and as relaxed as possible, is it POSSIBLE to break my speed limit? What do you think?
Yes! If you can play something perfectly relaxed at any tempo, you're on the right track. You don't want to be tensing up unnecessarily, especially at higher speeds. Keep in mind that when you're doing this, you're also warming yourself up, which is pretty crucial. If you spend time playing the riff at a tempo that is easy for you, then you fingers will be in their 'element' if you will. From that point on, you can then slowly but surely pick up the pace, tightening up the riff at a higher tempo in which the riff still feels pretty relaxed.

Doing it this way is a million times better than just sitting down and attempting the faster speeds straight away. If you're not warmed up, then you shouldn't really be attempting to push things to significantly faster tempos, it will both sound messy and be pretty bad for your hands.

So in short - yes. Playing comfortable and with correct technique comes before speed anyway, so playing comfortably and developing from there is great, especially as it also warms you up
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by macashmack
Why do you care about speed so much?

"The day I stopped worrying about speed is the day I started progressing"
baab
Quote by macashmack
Why do you care about speed so much?

because my current speed isn't good enough to play stuff I want to play.
Quote by kimi_page
because my current speed isn't good enough to play stuff I want to play.

Speed comes over time and correct practice. But for the most part, it's time. So don't rush it.
baab