I recently started recording a few songs. I put around 5 hours into each recording to doctor it up as best I can. Here is a link to my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/heavy-blimp
if you want to give it a listen. The most recent songs I recorded with good equipment, but the older stuff is complete shit. Most of the stuff I play varies from punk to metal. It would be great if you guys could comment with feedback, and if you feel really ambitious, send me recordings such as drums or bass that I can throw into the song. Thanks!
Last edited by el tigre at Dec 25, 2013,
They're alright, your vocals need a bit of work, as there's a few pitch issues and a lot of the guitar feels the same and not many dynamics, I can also hear the imperfections in your playing (hitting other strings). I've just listened Hypocrisy, which are the better recorded ones?

Edit: For drums look into Superior or EZ Drummer (Same thing, just Superior is better and more expensive). They have built in "grooves" which you can record over.
Last edited by AJScott at Dec 25, 2013,
Yeah the vocals are really rough. I've been concentrating more on my guitar since I'll find a better vocalist if I ever start a band. Thanks for the info about the drums!
Quote by el tigre
Yeah the vocals are really rough. I've been concentrating more on my guitar since I'll find a better vocalist if I ever start a band. Thanks for the info about the drums!

I'm no professional singer, but there's some great lessons on YouTube. Warming up is important too.