Page 1 of 4
I recently turned 18 which is the legal age for drinking here. Despite that I refuse to drink anyways, same for drugs...

There is a gig on New Years Eve that I would really like to go to however my parents won't allow me to go. I can understand their worries for me since I would be going alone since I have no friends that listen to music but are they being too protective?

My parents are going away tomorrow for a few weeks so they can't stop me but my older sister is going to try and prevent me from going...

So pitsters, what is your take on this scenario?

Ever been alone to a gig?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Been to a couple shows alone. Both times I've really enjoyed myself.

You're at least getting to be an adult now, and 18's a perfectly good age that you can handle yourself - parents are being shitty
Kill them both - no more problems
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
......what?...

>18
>no friends that listen to music
>parents trying to stop you
>sister trying to prevent you

Tell me, which one of these things seems the least ****ing stupid?
ayy lmao
Wow, that's one of the worst cases of mollycoddling I've heard for a while. You're 18, if you can drink, drive, fuck, vote, join the army, get married and smoke you should be able to go to a gig by yourself.
This is exactly my point, with my brothers and sisters they didn't stop them from doing anything which is weird because they're really protective over me. They said that I'm not allowed because i'm vulnerable because I am male. Really!? I tried explaining to them that an environment in a gig is really laid back but they're having none of it.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Thrill-house
Vulnerable to what exactly?

Vulnerable to people wanting to hurt me apparently? I mean, if I was female then i'd be more vulnerable to rape or something else... They think someone is going to hurt me for no reason at all.

Quote by captainsnazz
lol
inb4 ts is actually 13

Haha not this time cap'n

Quote by metal4eva_22
Last edited by Nero Galon at Dec 25, 2013,
The fact you're 18 and asking these questions would make me assume you don't have the mental age to go out to a gig alone.

(Go anyway)
Quote by Nero Galon
Vulnerable to people wanting to hurt me apparently? I mean, if I was female then i'd be more vulnerable to rape or something else... They think someone is going to hurt me for no reason at all.

Haha not this time cap'n

Have you got a job yet? You have as much chance as getting attacked on the way to work as you have at a gig.
I sympathise with your parents' concerns. Plenty of well meaning kids go to gigs and end up getting peer-pressured into injecting the marijuanas.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
I sympathise with your parents' concerns. Plenty of well meaning kids go to gigs and end up getting peer-pressured into injecting the marijuanas.

LMAO!

Doesn't help how I have dreadlocks either XD

Quote by metal4eva_22
Just go, your parents are overprotective and their reasoning sounds stupid to me.

I don't see how being male 'makes you more vulnerable to being attacked'. Attacks happen sure but damn, they are few and far between.
Tell them you're joining the army and if they 'allow it' question them whey they're fine with you being shot but you're not allowed to be pummeled in the street.

Unless your parents think you're a pussy of course. I kind of agree with them if at 18 you're crying about it in the pit rather than just going to the gig like the adult you (legally) are.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by I.O.T.M

Not even once.
It's pretty simple; you're an adult, you can do what you want.

Explain this to your family and let that be the end of it.

What are they gonna do if you go? Kick you out? Nah, you're their number 1 baby.
Quote by I.O.T.M

Or they get beaten up by fellows like you.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Nero Galon
I recently turned 18 which is the legal age for drinking here. Despite that I refuse to drink anyways, same for drugs...

There is a gig on New Years Eve that I would really like to go to however my parents won't allow me to go. I can understand their worries for me since I would be going alone since I have no friends that listen to music but are they being too protective?

My parents are going away tomorrow for a few weeks so they can't stop me but my older sister is going to try and prevent me from going...

So pitsters, what is your take on this scenario?

Ever been alone to a gig?

Ask your older sister to go with you?
I have a strict father as well, and I think every thing I'm not allowed to do I do anyway, either behind his back or in plain sight (I've not been caught many times, so **** it).

Tell them to choke on a chode and go anyways.
It's a good thing that you would be going to this gig alone because if you had to explain to your friends that you can't go because of the reason you told us, you'd look like such a fag.
Abide by your parent's rules or move out.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict

From the way he's described his parents do you think they'll let him move out?
Quote by Malchius
From the way he's described his parents do you think they'll let him move out?

They wouldn't have a choice.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict

"You're 18 and an adult" takes a back seat to this idea.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by TunerAddict
They wouldn't have a choice.

From the sounds of it, if they told him "No, you're not going out, now get in your room, it's 6pm on a school night" he would nod, finish giving his mum a foot rub and scurry off upstairs to his racecar bed before he get's grounded.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by So-Cal
Ask your older sister to go with you?

Yeah, why not have your sister tag along?
Quote by MakinLattes
Yeah, why not have your sister tag along?

She is 32 and is terrified of the idea of going to a rock gig. It's NYE so she already has plans.

I think they must think that a gig is some kind of drug den where you must only enter with a weapon or something.

Funny story for you guys, when I was going on an open day to a Uni that was about 2 hours train ride away my mum didn't want me to like it because she wanted me to stay at ****ing home -_- It's pretty hilarious.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I dunno TS. I'd listen to your parents. Gigs can be dangerous. First you get contact high. Then the next thing you know, you're offering hand-jobs for a hit of The Pot. It's a slippery slope, TS. A slippery slope...
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
so your sister already has plans anyway...who is stopping you from going
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I went to go see Down alone, you'll be fine your parents need to chill.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Page 1 of 4