Hey people, my friend gave me his Dean Deceiver. I'm assuming it's a Dean Deceiver X because of it's construction, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway. I just wanna know if it's a true Dean and not some knock off, since I know he bought it from a local guitar shop. The serial number on the back of the headstock is JI2070030.
It’s definitely fake. The market for counterfeit fake Deans is huge, because there is such incredible demand for cheap guitars.
Quote by pinkspider357
Hey people, my friend gave me his Dean Deceiver. I'm assuming it's a Dean Deceiver X because of it's construction, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway. I just wanna know if it's a true Dean and not some knock off, since I know he bought it from a local guitar shop. The serial number on the back of the headstock is JI2070030.

It's an inexpensive guitar; so, it's probably not a fake. It's a gift from a friend and that makes it valuable. Enjoy it.
Quote by jpnyc
It’s definitely fake. The market for counterfeit fake Deans is huge, because there is such incredible demand for cheap guitars.

How did you come to that assumption based on nothing?

TS: As said, it's unlikely, but feel free to post pictures of the whole guitar for us to check out.
I'd understand your concern if this was about a custom/high end guitar, but in this situation, what's the difference? It's a low end guitar made with the cheapest guitar-worthy materials available, a knockoff can't possibly make a big difference.

Gratz on the guitar though, it's quite a nice gift
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
Quote by pinkspider357
Hey people, my friend gave me his Dean Deceiver.

Ever hear the phrase

Never look a gift horse in the mouth?

Your friend gave it to you... do you plan on selling it?

What difference does it make?

Just my $0.02

as always... JMHO...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Mephaphil
How did you come to that assumption based on nothing?

TS: As said, it's unlikely, but feel free to post pictures of the whole guitar for us to check out.

sarcasm obviously.