Got an Ibanez RG8 for Christmas. Start playing it, it's not in tune, when i go to tune it, the F# (standard bottom string tuning) is too low for the strings! Are the strings that came with the guitar too light?
009 - 011 - 016 - 024 - 032 - 042 - 054 - 065
Free your mind and your ass will follow

Guitar Rig:
Jackson Kelly JS32T
Ibanez RG8
Marshall MG15CF
MXR Distortion III
Crybaby GCB95
MXR Classic 108 Fuzz
MXR Micro Chorus

Yeah. WAY too ****ing light. I use a 60 for a low C and it's a bit slinky I think. Stock gauges are so stupid, I have no idea why they do that (on 7s and 8s).

I'd go for a 72 for an F# (this is based off of the general rule I use - 2 string gauges for every half step). Then play around from there if you want something heavier or lighter.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah that is way too light I use the Dr .11 gauge set. The bottom string on that is an .80. When I got my RG8 I couldn't play on the original strings.
Quote by Offworld92
Yeah. WAY too ****ing light. I use a 60 for a low C and it's a bit slinky I think. Stock gauges are so stupid, I have no idea why they do that (on 7s and 8s).

I'd go for a 72 for an F# (this is based off of the general rule I use - 2 string gauges for every half step). Then play around from there if you want something heavier or lighter.

^ This.

Change the strings as soon as possible too.

Also giving the guitar a proper setup will help the tuning stability as well. Factory setups really are not the greatest after having flown across the world.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Great thanks for the reassurance!
Free your mind and your ass will follow

Guitar Rig:
Jackson Kelly JS32T