Page 1 of 4
And by critics, a good measure would be whether or not it's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (60%+ = Fresh)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com

Some movies I don't like that are considered good movies:

Iron Man 3 (78%) - I loved the first one, second one was just okay, and I thought the third one was pretty bad.

Anchorman 2 (75%) - I think I chuckled twice and that was it.

I can't find or think of any movies I like that are considered bad movies though. I was gonna mention The Doors (I seriously hate that movie a lot), but it just barely got rated "rotten" at 59%.
Wait, there was an Iron Man 3? Didn't the second one come out recently though? That was 3?? Never mind I always miss things like that.
I'm amazed Iron Man 3 is at 78%. Everyone I know who saw it said it was terrible.

On topic: Moulin Rouge is at 76% but I hated it. Granted, I generally dislike musicals and like dark comedies or serious dramas/scifi so I should have known that all the flamboyance and energy would be a turnoff for me...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Ebert didn't like Big Fish but i love that movie. he spent most of his review criticizing tim Burton's special effect usage which personally i thought added to the film quite a bit, though i agree that for burton that usually isn't the case.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Inception.

Yes, it's a good concept, no I don't think it was executed right.

As soon as Ellen Page stepped into the picture, I did not care anymore. I can't stand her. She ruined it for me. "Ah well, if they end up dead at least Ellen Page will die too."

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie at all, but nowhere near as amazing as people made it out to be. Maybe if they had given me a reason to care for the characters would I have felt a better connection. Otherwise, it was just hollow.
ill keep it to 3 each

disliked that critics liked
star wars movies
lord of the rings movies
knocked up

stuff i liked
the cable guy (my favorite comedy)
mission impossible (okay it has a 61% but i liked it WAAAY more than that)
the ice harvest
speaking of superhero bullshit, the avengers is at 92%

cool except 92% of that movie was legit garbage

The conjuring, a giant peice of shit of a movie. It had like a 98% when I saw it if I didn't know any better they write their own reviews and flood the market with positive reviews. Seriously fuck hollywood!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by soundgarden1986
ill keep it to 3 each

disliked that critics liked
star wars movies
lord of the rings movies
knocked up

stuff i liked
the cable guy (my favorite comedy)
mission impossible (okay it has a 61% but i liked it WAAAY more than that)
the ice harvest

Percentage isn't a rating, it's what percentage of critics said it was good. You liked it waaaaay more that 61% of critics or what. Or are you saying if you were every critic 100% of you would like it? see it don't make sense
I thought it was user generated... well that explains why so many peices of crap have high ratings.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Paroxysm
Man of Steel was good.

lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Man of Steel wasn't a Superman movie. That's my critical analysis.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
A couple of really crap movies I enjoyed, the script in both was excellent, the movies though ...lol

Judge Dredd, with stalone
and Ghost rider. so bad and good at the same time
Quote by MinterMan22
speaking of superhero bullshit, the avengers is at 92%

cool except 92% of that movie was legit garbage

I didn't get the Avengers hype at all

I actually preferred the Dark Knight Rises

what does that tell you
Quote by The Madcap
And by critics, a good measure would be whether or not it's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (60%+ = Fresh)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com

Some movies I don't like that are considered good movies:

Iron Man 3 (78%) - I loved the first one, second one was just okay, and I thought the third one was pretty bad.

Anchorman 2 (75%) - I think I chuckled twice and that was it.

I can't find or think of any movies I like that are considered bad movies though. I was gonna mention The Doors (I seriously hate that movie a lot), but it just barely got rated "rotten" at 59%.

Totally agree on Iron Man 3. I liked a bit of that movie but most of it was pretty bad.

Quote by Philip_pepper
Inception.

As soon as Ellen Page stepped into the picture, I did not care anymore. I can't stand her. She ruined it for me. "Ah well, if they end up dead at least Ellen Page will die too."

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie at all, but nowhere near as amazing as people made it out to be. Maybe if they had given me a reason to care for the characters would I have felt a better connection. Otherwise, it was just hollow.

Ellen Page is adorbs and you're wrong
The Core (41% on Rotten Tomatoes)

I think it's fairly well done. Not the greatest movie ever but solid for a scifi/disaster flick. Don't understand what is so bad about it.

It's been said already, but yeah Inception. It was okay...but I just don't buy the premise. It's convoluted and dumb.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Dec 25, 2013,
High rated films I dislike: The Big Lebowski (I just cant get into the comedy side although it was a fair few years back I saw it), Avatar (great CGI, boring story and characters), Heat (re-watched it again recently and it just felt way longer than it needed to be and not the best heist story) and last but not least, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I know its an old film but it was pure shit. Athletic young blonde cannot escape an overweight guy with a heavy chainsaw. Seems legit.

Low rated films I like:
The Chumscrubber (an indie film I got as a present. Has only gotten like 34% but I really enjoyed it. It was odd but interesting), Doom (I dunno, I really liked this one for some reason but I havent properly played the games).

I can't really think, off the top of my head, 'bad' films that I like.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Philip_pepper
Inception.

Despite all of your threads, this is easily the worst thing you've ever posted.
Quote by barden1069
I'm amazed Iron Man 3 is at 78%. Everyone I know who saw it said it was terrible.

But it had a twist, like the Batman movies, so it has to be good, right?
Seriously though, Iron Man 3 was utter garbage.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I didn't hate Iron Man 3, but it was certainly the weakest of the series.

Dark Knight Rises was stupid. Such a disappointment after the first two.
Quote by iwannabesedated
The Core (41% on Rotten Tomatoes)

I think it's fairly well done. Not the greatest movie ever but solid for a scifi/disaster flick. Don't understand what is so bad about it.

It's been said already, but yeah Inception. It was okay...but I just don't buy the premise. It's convoluted and dumb.

The Core starts out great but doesn't finish great.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Hmmm...There are probably a ton of films the critics liked that I hated, visa-versa...I can't remember exactly which ones though.

Top of my head though:

Horrible film. The story was terrible and highly predictable and the characters were just not memorable or very likable. Sure, the CGI was good but really? Other than that the film had nothing going for it. It was nothing but a glorified tech demo and a tech demo doesn't qualify as a film.

Star Wars...I'm not even bothering to look, I know it was well received...
I just never saw the big deal about Star Wars. It felt like it just dragged on forever with uninteresting characters and a pretty uninteresting story. Not going to say it was predictable because it was released way before I was born but I'm pretty sure knowing the entire story before I watched it probably ruined it a bit more. I also don't think Light Sabers are that great.

On the other hand
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 33%
I liked this one. It was a fun and entertaining as the first 3 films but with the added bonus that Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly weren't in it being boring and annoying. Jack Sparrow was as entertaining as always, Captain Barbosa was back, the story was great and I've always been a bit miffed how it was bashed as much as it was, especially looking at some of the proper crap critics enjoy
I'm glad it's getting another sequel anyway
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by losing battle
The conjuring, a giant peice of shit of a movie. It had like a 98% when I saw it if I didn't know any better they write their own reviews and flood the market with positive reviews. Seriously fuck hollywood!

You're crazy. The conjuring was great.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by ehbacon
I thought the Avengers was good

when you start your sentence with this, the rest of it loses all credibility

83% - Avatar

'unobtainium', nuff said
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
83% - Avatar

'unobtainium', nuff said

I don't understand why people get hung up over that. The term has been around for half a century.
PM me for newts
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I really didn't like Batman Begins, at all. It has none of the qualities that make the other 2 films great.

I just don't even.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't understand why people get hung up over that. The term has been around for half a century.

It's the context in which it's being used; it makes the dialogue sound ridiculous
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

To be honest I disagree with a lot of(negative) movie critics

There's rarely a movie I think is terrible, unless it's genuinely terrible. even if a movie is cheesy and poorly written That's what i'll end up liking about it

Or if it's over the top and thoroughly ridiculous, I'll like it for those reasons

Not that huge on rom coms though, fifty first dates/wedding singer obviously excluded
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
every james cameron movie ever

garbage director
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Les Miserable

1) I hate musicals
2) I hate snotty white university students who feel they have the pronunciation of the word down.
3) I hate the former's association of the film to a higher class. Watching a film hardly qualifies.
4) "Dream Team" casts usually ruin the fantasy of films for me. I prefer watching unknowns and form opinions of them instead of people with 5 pages worth of history. Each.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by iwannabesedated
No, because Aliens

aliens was the main reason i said that
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Page 1 of 4