I'm a bedroom guitarist and I'm looking at a couple options (keep in mind i hate the pod). I'm considering the yamaha thr5....of course this is just for jamming in my bedroom but not sure if a 5 watter will be loud enough, the other im considering is the korg pandora px5d( of course with this its either headphones or using the out to my computer speakers....I dont have anything right now and im just limited to a $200 budget, so what do you think?
What type of music do you play?

Why hate the pod?

Cheap modeling amps sound like they would work. Vypyr, mustang, etc
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I had a floor pod plus once and wasnt impressed with the high gain tones, moderen rock, chevell, mansion stuff like that
Quote by lp4lifessamberl
I had a floor pod plus once and wasnt impressed with the high gain tones, moderen rock, chevell, mansion stuff like that

Okay... Are you after high gain tones?

Have you tried the new pods? They are much better in the HD series but lack amplifiers.

For high gain Vypyr tube 60 or 30 are the obvious choices.

The Yamaha isnt bad from what I hear but I have never played it. The Vypyr has a huge selection in high gains tones. Not sure on the new VIP series though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Dec 26, 2013,
For high gain Vypyr tube 60 or 30 are the obvious choices.

Yes.

I don't like pods either.
Keep your hands off the new Vypyr VIP series. From what I've heard myself and from others the original Vypyr series was much better. The VIPs DO have more amp simulations (for electric, bass and accoustic guitar), but half of them are useles and sound bad.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
I have the POD HD500 and believe me, Engl and Mesa Boogie simulations are simply amazing on that thing. You can definately get very good hi-gain tones from it