Hi U.G. I thought I'd ask this here because I trust you guys more than Yahoo Answers
(Don't have a yahoo account)
But I recently got a new computer which came with Norton internet security and everything was cool until I connected an old phone of mine to get some pictures and songs but on a scan of the phone (The Removable drive) Norton found a Trojan calle infoseeker.gampass. the thing is, Norton said it had quarantined the virus and that no further action was needed but just to be safe I reset my computer, not restoring to an earlier point but just complete format to the factory default? I did a scan using the same Norton program and it said no risks are present So I was wondering am I good or should I freak out that I've already ****ed up a computer I've had for no less than 3 days?
P.S. Merry Christmas !
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Last edited by RatmN'Roses at Dec 26, 2013,
Quote by behind_you
it should be fine then

now, about having norton as your antivirus...

xD it came with the computer !
thanks for the quick reply : )
TS posts like only a few times a year lol, damn.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by behind_you
it should be fine then

now, about having norton as your antivirus...

This.
I ran my own computer repair business for a number of years, and Norton (I should say Symantec, because when Peter Norton controlled it, it was good, Symantec fucked it up).
I saw Norton singularly cause more computer problems than any single other thing. By a long shot.
Two programs you need in the future: Malwarebytes and Autoruns.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Shametome
You could try kicking it, that might kill the virus.

Virusses aren't living things so they can't be killed you silly. You have to shoo them away.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
just download AVG. It's free!!!
give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Quote by RatmN'Roses
Hi U.G. I thought I'd ask this here because I trust you guys more than Yahoo Answers
(Don't have a yahoo account)
But I recently got a new computer which came with Norton internet security and everything was cool until I connected an old phone of mine to get some pictures and songs but on a scan of the phone (The Removable drive) Norton found a Trojan calle infoseeker.gampass. the thing is, Norton said it had quarantined the virus and that no further action was needed but just to be safe I reset my computer, not restoring to an earlier point but just complete format to the factory default? I did a scan using the same Norton program and it said no risks are present So I was wondering am I good or should I freak out that I've already ****ed up a computer I've had for no less than 3 days?
P.S. Merry Christmas !

Okay, just to be safe, Norton that came with ur computer is a TRIAL version. in a couple of months it will beg you to activate it. which needs payment. Delete it when it asks that and install either Avira, Avast!, AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials. Also install Malwarebytes and do a scan by urself every so often.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
so after a little search on malwarebytes i read that its really good at finding viruses and sure enough after a full scan malwarebytes found trojan.fakems and trojan.fakealert : (
but after a read i found that the trojan.fakems is apparently a false positive? not too sure on that so is there any chance that my computer is good and malwarebytes is just ****ing with me? thanks for all the replies
Quote by RatmN'Roses
so after a little search on malwarebytes i read that its really good at finding viruses and sure enough after a full scan malwarebytes found trojan.fakems and trojan.fakealert : (
but after a read i found that the trojan.fakems is apparently a false positive? not too sure on that so is there any chance that my computer is good and malwarebytes is just ****ing with me? thanks for all the replies

Most virusses found are just simple files within the Appdata folder (hidden folder) which you could remove by hand.
Just delete them. better to have 0 results then 2 no?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
get a gun and take your computer outback before it infects everyone
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
AVG or Avast or just throw your pc in the garbage and watch digital venereal diseases brood in your harddrive.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all