Poll: Which guitar should I pick? (Same price)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I pick? (Same price)
Schecter Omen Extreme 6
1 50%
Schecter Demon 6
1 50%
Voters: 2.
So, I'm buying my very first electric guitar and am confused between the Schecter Omen Extreme 6 and the Schecter Demon 6. I can get both for more or less the same price.

Could someone give me the lowdown on the pros on cons of both?

( I play rhythm currently, in genres like grunge, rock, and a bit of folk/heavy/thrash metal. I would like to venture into leads too. As for sound I really like the Les Paul sound but don't wanna get an Epiphone.)

My main concerns are whether I'll be able to get a warm crunchy sound from the Demon 6 because in all videos I've seen of it, it has heavily distorted lows and highs that sound kinda...vanilla, for the lack of a better word.

In videos of the Omen Extreme it sounded quite a lot like a Les Paul and it was exactly what I wanted. Plus it has coil tapping.

The main reason I am even considering the demon 6 is because the retail price is way higher than that of the omen extreme though they're going for the same price this week.
I'll admit I can't find the Demon 6 listed anywhere so I'm not sure what that is.

Maybe it's out of your budget but if you like the Les Paul sound but want a Schecter I'd look into the Solo 6 Custom: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-solo-6-custom-electric-guitar

It's Mahogany body and neck (set neck) with single cut and is a 24.75" scale (all same as a les paul). It should cover all the styles you listed.
The 2 big differences I see is the Demon has "duncan designed" active pups vs. the Omen's passive, and the body material is mahogany vs. basswood. I'm guessing the duncan designed are cheap versions of Blackouts.

I'd imagine the Omen is more what your looking for. It seems more versatile whereas the Demon is geared especially to metal. Plus if you wanted to upgrade the pups to something even more les paul sounding that would be easier on the Omen. Changing pups on the active model to passives would require a complete rewiring.
Quote by demonhellcat
The 2 big differences I see is the Demon has "duncan designed" active pups vs. the Omen's passive, and the body material is mahogany vs. basswood. I'm guessing the duncan designed are cheap versions of Blackouts.

I'd imagine the Omen is more what your looking for. It seems more versatile whereas the Demon is geared especially to metal. Plus if you wanted to upgrade the pups to something even more les paul sounding that would be easier on the Omen. Changing pups on the active model to passives would require a complete rewiring.

True.