Poll: Is Six Californias' a good idea?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Six Californias' a good idea?
Hell yeah, get out of my state you filthy Republicans/Democrats!
3 8%
No. This idea is bad and you should feel bad.
22 58%
Why six? Why not split the state north/south or coastal/inland?
5 13%
What ever option legalizes marijuana, BRO!!! Wooooh!
8 21%
Voters: 38.
Page 1 of 2
TechCrunch has learned about noted technology investor Tim Draper’s plan to split California into six separate states, including a Northern California slice appropriately named “Silicon Valley.”

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/19/tim-draper-six-californias-secede-silicon-valley-ballot-initiative/

I am not worried at all that this will pass, but this is just gerrymandering, plain and simple. It will most likely get shut down immediately, which is good. California has enough problems with getting water to all of it's cities as it is, and with this plan, only 3/6 states would be able to provide their own water.

I do think it's pretty funny that they split Orange County from LA, though. Orange has been wanting to distance themselves from LA for quite some time now. Central California will be basically become Idaho (a boring state you visit to only drive through).

So what do you guys think of:
  • 55 stars on the American flag
  • The self proclaimed "Silicon Valley Master Race" having a state to themselves
  • More Republican seats in the senate
  • 6 new license plates to remember
  • Other stuff, probably
Last edited by ExDementia at Dec 26, 2013,
Can't they just call Jefferson Reefertown or something?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Why? Just for the sake of it?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I support this, actually. The state is huge with a wide difference in demographics and priorities. It's also extremely inefficient right now due to these current factors.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Trowzaa
Why? Just for the sake of it?
Basically, Silicon Valley wants a state to themselves to maximize their bottom line. The examples he used where to lighten up immigration in their state to bring in more foreign engineers on H1-B visas, and let South California worry about tightening up illegal immigration.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I support this, actually. The state is huge with a wide difference in demographics and priorities. It's also extremely inefficient right now due to these current factors.
So what about Florida, Texas, Michigan, etc? Many states have huge differences in demographics depending on where in the state you are?
Last edited by ExDementia at Dec 26, 2013,
Quote by Xiaoxi

It also ensures that all of the future presidents will be republicans.
PM me for newts
'6 californias you say?'

'Yeah!
We could have like a northern california! an- and a southern california!

and then a central california!

and...uh....

a western california!

this is perfect '

That's how it went down, I'm 99% accurate with these things
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by ExDementia
Basically, Silicon Valley wants a state to themselves to maximize their bottom line. The examples he used where to lighten up immigration in their state to bring in more foreign engineers on H1-B visas, and let South California worry about tightening up illegal immigration.

So what about Florida, Texas, Michigan, etc? Many states have huge differences in demographics depending on where in the state you are?

Yea those states are awful. I don't see the harm in separating the good from the bad.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

may as well just start making each major city it's own state as well because their values are wildly different to more rural areas

why make things harder than they need to be
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Exactly!

You guys have to keep in mind you're talking to someone who doesn't even value democracy.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
All I can say is... Texas can do it whenever they want. Their state constitution states that they can split into 5 states.

Screw California. We should cut them off and throw them into the ocean! yyeh!1! so edgy!!2
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
EDIT: ^ I hate you so much.

why not just chisel the state off and let if float into the Pacific Ocean where it ****ing belongs?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Last edited by SGstriker at Dec 26, 2013,
Quote by ExDementia

why would you use these states as an example

this would would create six new state governments which would take revenue away from the federal government.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78

Because "[these] states have huge differences in demographics depending on where in the state you are"
Quote by Saint78

this would would create six new state governments which would take revenue away from the federal government.
Travel around Florida for a while, from the panhandle down to the cape, tell me if that state isn't diverse as hell. Same goes for Texas, huge differences depending on where you go. As for Michigan, half of the state isn't even connected to the rest of it.

Even Washington is incredibly diverse, you have dense almost tropical like forests, desert, farmland, mountain ranges, big cities, and there are very different people living in every area. This is the case with most states. Splitting them up into every part that's a little different than the rest just ends up with county size states, and everything becomes a huge mess.

Quick kids, name all 272 states!
Im pretty sure this was made for the inevitable destruction of California when the pacific tectonic plate shifts.

Also screw Los Angeles, Irving, Riverside, San Francisco and Sacramento. The only good thing out of that whole shitty state is San Diego because the foliage reminds me of The Flintstones.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Why not 5 different canadas in the u.s of a?
Whats goes around must come down
we should make millions of states... like 1 mile x 1 mile states. Just a state every mile. That would be cool.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Stupid idea. Why would the biggest and most powerful state split itself into six smaller states?

So it isn't as powerful by itself anymore?
Quote by StewieSwan
It also ensures that all of the future presidents will be republicans.

This. Liberals laugh at Texas, conservatives laugh at California. They're counters to each other. Except Texas is getting some more blue as time goes on.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Dec 26, 2013,
Central California would become the most powerful of the bunch.
Why you ask?
Thats where the majority of the food is grown in California.

Yeah its a stupid idea.
Yay more Republicans!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
california is the only state I regularly visit, other than upper michigan for scenic camping trips, I would really appreciate it if you guys didn't ruin the only area of your country that I really like.
Quote by ExDementia
Easy to say when your entire country is smaller than most of our states :P

not most, ten
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
not most, ten

England is 50,000 sq miles

There are 31 states bigger than that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2