hey you UGers out there!

It's time we all unite and help each other improve our left hand technique - especially the bloody pinky.
Well, some players like Hendrix or Paul Gilbert are born with extremely long and strong fingers (I think P. Gilbert's pinky is probably longer than my middle finger )

Anyways, this is an open discussion and all tips and exercises are welcome to improve the use and strength of the PINKY!

Here's my contribution: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_unsigned_bands/danny_manor_-_pinky_race_guitar_pro.htm

I call it 'The Pinky Race' but don't let the name confuse you - it's not a speed exercise but a little composition I wrote for the pinky finger. For advance players it should be no problem but for beginners it can be a serious challenge. The idea is your playing a sorta power chord shape while adding notes with the pinky in various strings (while keeping some open strings nice and clean as you play)
My students like it a lot and it does seem to improve the fingers altogether.

Anyways, I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think. And please bring some of your experience to the crazy little thing called THE PINKY!!!!
BTW - if you can, download the tabs and view in Guitar Pro. You can hear how it's supposed to sound and very importantly: you have the fingering notated.
(for some reason Tab Pro won't show are the information and plays it without the 'let notes ring' feature)
I don't think many people are going to be able or willing to open that GPX file you've uploaded. I certainly can't until I get back to my desktop.

I'm not sure we really need a whole thread just for this either, we don't have many dedicated threads for anything around here.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by dannymanor
some players like Hendrix or Paul Gilbert are born with extremely long and strong fingers

That kind of made me laugh sorry. You're not born with strong fingers.
that's true :P but you know what I mean, right? maybe not born, but naturally gifted with some long ass fingers....
we don't really need an Ultimate Pinky Thread....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com