I was playing around with different tunings on my acoustic and I was going back up from playing around in C# standard (fun acoustic tuning) and I decided to put it to C#G#C#D#A#D# to try and see if it worked...I found that there are some pretty nice sounds to be made by doing barre chords but with two power chords at different octaves...just something i thought to share

For example:
E--7--5--4---
B--7--5--4---
G--7--5--4---
D--5--3--2---
A--5--3--2---
E--5--3--2---

and reversing them gives a moodiness to them which in my opinion doesn't sound as nice (a bit difficult to do without muting stings)

E--5--3--2---
B--5--3--2---
G--5--3--2---
D--7--5--4---
A--7--5--4---
E--7--5--4---
Quote by Sixxstarr
I was playing around with different tunings on my acoustic and I was going back up from playing around in C# standard (fun acoustic tuning) and I decided to put it to C#G#C#D#A#D# to try and see if it worked...I found that there are some pretty nice sounds to be made by doing barre chords but with two power chords at different octaves...just something i thought to share

For example:
E--7--5--4---
B--7--5--4---
G--7--5--4---
D--5--3--2---
A--5--3--2---
E--5--3--2---

and reversing them gives a moodiness to them which in my opinion doesn't sound as nice (a bit difficult to do without muting stings)

E--5--3--2---
B--5--3--2---
G--5--3--2---
D--7--5--4---
A--7--5--4---
E--7--5--4---

Sounds interesting. It's hard to imagine without a sample though. Id experiment a lot more with tunings if I had like 10 different guitars to choose from. I'm already going back and forth from standard to open G/A/D/E and DADGAD. There are some fun Irish tunings I'd try out if I could ever be arsed to get into even more tunings. I love playing around with them, I just don't like tuning the strings back and forth.
Quote by Onkel Cannabia
Sounds interesting. It's hard to imagine without a sample though. Id experiment a lot more with tunings if I had like 10 different guitars to choose from. I'm already going back and forth from standard to open G/A/D/E and DADGAD. There are some fun Irish tunings I'd try out if I could ever be arsed to get into even more tunings. I love playing around with them, I just don't like tuning the strings back and forth.

Well for me jumping tunings on a brand new set of strings gets them to my preferred sound for them...try to just expiriment and find a tuning that gives you nice creative flow like for me half step down, C# standard, drop C#, and D standard are my favorites
Quote by Onkel Cannabia

Well for me jumping tunings on a brand new set of strings gets them to my preferred sound for them...try to just expiriment and find a tuning that gives you nice creative flow like for me half step down, C# standard, drop C#, and D standard are my favorites