Thinking about getting a guitar rack to hold some guitars. But when I look at the pics of them it looks like it may not hold some of them correctly and the pointed edges might be hitting the ground. Shape of the guitars are BC Rich Warlock, Jackson V, BC Rich Bich, LTD V. Anyone have a rack with those type of guitars on it? I may have to go the wall route.

Pic of what I'm talking about:

[..BLACKFIRE..]
yeah i have some pointy guitars and I use hercules stands for them (which hold them at the headstock). those side-by-side racks don't really work for pointy guitars, I don't think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
or hang them on a wall
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
After a lot of searching I found this in case you guys were interested.

K&M Roadie:

Hooks move to fit your headstock:

[..BLACKFIRE..]
^ nice find

I wonder if that'd take up less room than my hercules 3-stand. though i only have 3 pointy guitars (though i suppose it'd hold any shape guitar, really). EDIT: arg £76 on thomann i think i'll stick with the hercules
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 28, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ nice find

I wonder if that'd take up less room than my hercules 3-stand. though i only have 3 pointy guitars (though i suppose it'd hold any shape guitar, really). EDIT: arg £76 on thomann i think i'll stick with the hercules

Worth it for oddly-shaped guitars! I need to order one.
the ten guitar rack in the pict looks like it sucks with the 9 strats thats on it ..... just put a strap and trem bar on those 9 guitars and you'll scratch two every time you pull one out ..... looks way too tight the way they are crammed in
Quote by Ippon
Worth it for oddly-shaped guitars! I need to order one.

yeah but i already have a stand that copes with oddly-shaped guitars If I didn't already have the hercules, that one might be worth considering. though I'm not sure how steady/stable it looks, either. I could be wrong but I suspect the hercules one might be more stable.

I didn't like the hercules 6 stand, though. It was massive and not that stable. the 3-way one is pretty good, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The reviews are saying it's stable but one guy says you should secure the rubber feet with loc-tite if you're going to gig with it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/km-roadie-4-guitar-stand

The fact it's made in Germany also is a plus, it should last a long time and also has a 5 year warranty. I found a short video on it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsy0qQ9R5mA
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Dec 28, 2013,
ah if it's made in germany i suppose that goes some way to justifying the cost. I dunno where the hercules stuff is made
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From another thread
Quote by CodeMonk

It feels cheaply made but has so far, after 3 years of active use, been pretty sturdy.

The bottom parts move so you can adjust for size (Acoustic or electric, etc).
Quote by Blackfire.
After a lot of searching I found this in case you guys were interested.

K&M Roadie:

Hooks move to fit your headstock:

Want.

But I have a tele.

Ah, its a tele, Ill lean it against a wall.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 30, 2013,
Quote by CodeMonk
From another thread

It feels cheaply made but has so far, after 3 years of active use, been pretty sturdy.

The bottom parts move so you can adjust for size (Acoustic or electric, etc).

Interesting. The only guitar that might not fit well would be the Jackson RR since half of the V is shorter than the other side. I like how it's a case though...
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Cathbard
Want.

But I have a tele.

Ah, its a tele, Ill lean it against a wall.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn good find. I'd be all over that if mine weren't on the wall. I have a bunch of pointy guitars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.