Hi.
I'm new to this site.
I am planing on completely renewing my electric guitar.
It's from Asia so most of you won't know the model

Anyways,
I am gong to make it as simple as possible using:
Single-Single-HB and NO COIL SPLITS!
I NEVER USE COIL SPLITS...my personal opinion is like
I got two just working fine single coil pickups there why split?
anyways...
can anyone help me doing this task?
I will be getting new volume / tone control as well as pickup selecting things.
Any recommendation?

I think I would use Duncan neck / bridge (HB) pickup and Fender noiseless n3 middle pick up.

Thanks in advanced.
It's from Asia so most of you won't know the model

You MIGHT be surprised!

Are you looking for pickup suggestions? If so, what style of music?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I am asking for help in both selection of pickups AND how to build the circuit for the electronics.
My style covers anything from Religious to K-Rock like FT Island and those bands.
I do not do hard rocks nor metal although I used to.
I want to make my guitar like John Shur so that I would have a clear single tone and good drive tone as well.
That's why I was thinking of Duncan / Fender combination but any other suggestions?
Also for the circuit, it's just SSH with NO SPLIT and stuff....
If it makes any easier, I can even live with 3-way pickup selectors, just neck, middle, bridge.
Thanks.

P.S. my guitar model is Wildwood WG200F....yeah I expected those strange looks
Well, you got me: the Wildwood I know is a retailer of mid- to high-end guitars in Colorado!

So you have an Asian guitar with a HSS setup and things like Grover tuners & a Wilkinson trem*...sounds decent!

I forgot to ask, what is your budget?

In the meantime...

1) For clean tones, I really like the Lace Alumitones. Nothing I have found is cleaner. They come in both singlecoil and HB size. And Lace's more traditional Sensor line has a great reputation as well- I'm dropping a Tele Sensor set in a guitar I'm getting next year.

2) the RailHammer HyperVintage is a great, classic sounding HB.

3) the Seymour Duncan '59 is probsbly my favorite SD pickup of all.

4) I just had a custom guitar made with a HSS array, and used a pair of Tesla OPUS-S1 and a Tesla VR Extreme. The OPUS line- which includes a HB version- is very clean, very classic. The VR Extreme has a nice clean tone, but it's job is to bring some snarl.

* http://krguitars.blogspot.com/2010/12/wildwood-wg200f-electric-guitar.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 27, 2013,
Wildwood WG200F -- superstrat with a five-way, Wilkinson bridge, basswood body. Indonesian?

If you're pushing for a Suhr sound, you can always pick up Suhr pickups, you know. http://www.suhr.com/suhr-guitar-pickups/ My office in Corona, CA is within a reasonably short drive of the Suhr factory. And if you want to get a really good evaluation of what works best in a Suhr (or Fender, for that matter) guitar, you might give Wild West Guitars in Riverside, CA a shout. They have a lot of Suhrs and a stunningly high number of Fender Masterbilt and custom guitars on the walls. They also seem to have a direct pipeline to both manufacturers in terms of snagging very high-end guitars. They only have a half-dozen or so Gibsons (mostly trade-ins, I think), and everything else is high-end (no Schectors, no off-shore guitars, none of the crap that GC carries) and/or custom built, with a very few vintage bits tossed in.

Might as well go with a five-way rather than a three-way; those in between positions give you more options, and they're pretty classic sounds as well.

If you don't want a coil split choice on the humbucker, fine. But be aware that coil splits work very well with humbuckers that are fairly hot (I have a couple of 14Kohm humbuckers that split with gorgeous results). The reason for splitting when you already have two single coils is that the *position* of the bridge pickup makes for a much different sound -- that's part of the reason that you have more than one single coil, and that they're in different places now.

But I think you need to do a bit of soul-searching, here. The reason for swapping out pickups (or wiring or pots or any of that) is not to "renew" the guitar, but to change it to something you specifically want to accomplish and that you can NOT get now. If you're simply doing things because you think that "different will be better," there's a better than even chance you'll be disappointed.

If you've already got an outstanding amp and a pedalboard (and skill) that brings out the best of whatever you have now, and if you know that you've got a good ear for sound and if you know exactly what you want to achieve, then go for it.

If you're pretty much a beginner and you've got a little practice amp and you change the strings mostly just when they get rusty and break, then you can still go for it, but the likelihood that you're simply tossing money is high.
Thank to both of you.
The main reason I am doing all this is because
my guitar's pickups are not working.
I thought I had a descent body so I would just replace all those things.
I have been playing for 4 to 5 years now.
Do you really recommend coil splits?
Personally, I like them...with the right pickups. It's another weapon in your arsenal.

And with the genres you're talking about, the bridge singlecoil tone could come in pretty handy. Not necessary, mind you, but useful.

FWIW, about 1/4 of my guitars have coil splitting, and I don't see that ratio dropping.

Would it be harder in wiring and such if I have coil split by much?
Can you help me wiring SSH with 5-way and coil split system?
Because I like the Suhr sound so much, I think I would go with Suhr pickups.
Thanks for the suggestions though.
And should I replace the headmachine and the bridges as well, or just the pickups and wiring?
My bridge is a bit weird but the headmachines work fine.