Hi,

so I have an orange cab with 4x12 speakers in it.
I run my orange rockerverb through it.

plugged in to eachother from the "16ohm" ,input on the head, to the input on my cab that also states 16ohm

Makes sense to me so far
Now I have two inputs on the guitar cab, and also another 2 8OHM inputs on my head
Someone told me I should just have 2 cables going each from the 8OHM input on my head to the 16ohm input on the cab.

If this is even possible or is going to work ( I don't want to try it due to being afraid to destroy something of my precious gear ) what will it do. what are the advantages /disadvantages?

Or is this just some made up story ?
Could find enough topics on google about wiring cabs and head, and it likes I'm doing it right, but couldn't find something that stated this.

Thanks!
Dimitri
Last edited by PearlFoo at Dec 27, 2013,
No, don't do that. You have it set up correctly. The other jack is for daisy chaining a second cab if you want a full stack.
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
No, don't do that. You have it set up correctly. The other jack is for daisy chaining a second cab if you want a full stack.

+1 your friend is not very bright when it comes to amps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate