Hi guys, I need help to decide my second guitar.

Currently I have an Ibanez RG with me but I want a second guitar with non-floating bridge since floating bridge is a pain when it comes to tuning it.

Now I have 2 options between PRS SE Custom 24 2012 and Cort M600, both of them from Korea but have different price and also they're pretty similar. I live in Indonesia so the condition is pretty hard to test both of them.

My question is which one should I choose? Is the price of PRS SE worth the difference? Or is there anything that I missed other than PRS have better inlay and pickups?

Thanks guys, really wait on your opinion
Take a look at the ibanez s series. Very swag guitars
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Nope, many of the S series came with a Gibralter bridge and i believe a couple came with a TOM style bridge. The S470, S420, SZ1220, SZ720, SZ520, SZ320, etc all have hardtails.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Between the two you listed, I'd go with the PRS. You can't go wrong with them, even the SE line. I'm actually eyeballing the custom 24 too...it's on my GAS list just gotta get the money...
@ace S470 and S420 both of them got a floating bridge as it states on ibanez.wikia.com, I also want to try another type of neck so if possible I don't want another Ibanez

@PoopShovel true story, PRS is really expensive that's why I'm looking for alternative and Cort is one of the best Korean guitar company so I don't know how they will compare to each other.
I haven't played on a cort, but you're right the're right up there with samick. So it may be a good guitar. I'm recommending prs out of experience and reviews from various ppl.I think any good cort guitar would run from 300 to 500 $. a few hundred more you can get a prs se. 500-700 $
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
@PoopShovel I'm still a student and in Indonesia which hard to get money few hundred USD gonna be really hard to get, but well if I want PRS that's what everybody will do I guess, lol. Thx for your opinion btw I appreciate it.
If you really want a PRS, save up and get a PRS. It's likely you wouldn't be happy if you got something else. They are good guitars, too.

Still, you might also look at the sale Fernandes is having on their direct-sales site- consider the Dragonfly:
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/elite/60-dragonfly-elite.html

Also, Indonesian brands like Swing and Radix might also be a good deal for you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 27, 2013,
Well is there a way you can maybe get it used? That would save you some money, and you could actually try before you buy that way. And no problem man Hope you can find/figure something out
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
@dannyalcatraz well if somebody want a PRS ofcourse they want something from a real PRS, I think no other guitar got their cool bird Inlay and the look of the original PRS, but that's why I ask is the price difference worth for it or is there something more than just the look of PRS?

@PoopShovel that's what I'm doing right now, try to get the used PRS but it's pretty hard to get the Custom 24 2012 edition even the old one still cost me like 550$
I'm afraid you probably wont get one that's in good condition under 500. There's a reason why prs is the best of the best lol. If you just like the look of the prs but it's hard to get a hold of in your country then you gotta weigh your options. You can Get a decent guitar from 300 and up. The prs is a beautiful guitar, but if you dont care much about looks then maybe cort or the other brands like shine would be good. I would recommend rondo and GFS but im not sure if they ship to indonesia, and even if they did it would be costly. Rondo has a nice prs style Agile.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
@PoopShovel I already check for alternative guitar that I can get and it's on Cort M600, I really need an opinion from people who got both of this guitar, but I don't think there's somebody who really got both of this If someone got PRS they gonna stick to it, If someone got Cort M600 I don't think they will touch the PRS, lol
Well then the only other advice i can offer is if there's a guitar shop or music store close to you, ask the staff if they played one or the other. and see which one they like better. The bottom line is you have to try them out to see which one YOU like better lol. Sorry i cant be much of help man :/
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
@PoopShovel It's ok bro, I also consider your opinion, PRS is a big company rather than Cort, but I don't know much about their SE line quality I will go to the store to try them out, I will let you know also when I already tried it, because the PRS SE is like doubling the cost of the Cort M600, lol
Ok man, ill be here when you let me know! I checked the cort you speak of on amazon. the reviews for it are less favorable than the prs. Prs se's are the "student edition" or korean made versions of the very expensive usa models. These are great guitars still. They use prs pickups. The cort is made in indonesia and uses duncan designed pick ups. Like I said just ask ppl and try them out, just because one is more expensive dosent always mean its best. Its what feels best to you.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Part of what you pay for with a PRS is its beauty. I almost bought one as my first electric...then I fell for a Dean Time Capsule Cadillac.

But, simply put, they're damn good guitars, too. Not just a pretty face. Generally, they're well built and will feel good in your hands.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
got my eye on a prs se custom 24 also. Beautiful guitars, I wish the USA ones were a little more affordable.
Quote by dropb81
got my eye on a prs se custom 24 also. Beautiful guitars, I wish the USA ones were a little more affordable.

Buy a used CE22/24 and they are affordable

They start at $900 used and are basically budget versions of the Custom 22/24 but they have a bolt-thru maple neck. They are great guitars, I have a CE22
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I was in your position just a couple of days ago. If you want to go for a fixed bridge PRS SE, do consider the SE 245. You might hesitate to pick up a Les Paul model as a strat player (I know I did) but I felt that none of the customs beats the sustain of the SE 245.

Concerning the PRS and the PRS SE quality gap. I have never played a real PRS but the brand is renown for it's quality and the SE's surely match that standard. Incredibly happy with my choice and hope you will find the guitar which suits you best!