hello, i have a squier classic vibe tele that i have had for about a year (the custom 60's model). i have put fender brass saddles on it and have placed a strat pickup in the middle position, replacing the scratch plate with a turtle shell one. i have decided to replace the pickups, the middle one is currently a Seymour Duncan twangbanger, but it isnt working properly, i already know what i want in the bridge, i am going to have a bare knuckle piledriver, because it gives a tele more umph, an dim a big fan of quo so that helps, because they have an album piledriver, for those who didn't know.

i just dont know what to put in the middle and neck position, ive looked at a few duncan's, just cant decide, if anyone has any experience with tele pickups, that would be helpful. i play classic rock, blues and some country, also a few wishy washy stuff in my cover band, any help is appreciated.

thanks

oh, yeah, and im using a fender 'twin amp'.
Your Tele has 3 pickup positions? Unusual!

What kind of budget do you have, and what kind of tones are you looking for?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sounds like my Tele!

I plan on putting Lace in mine. Burgundy in the neck, Gold in the middle, and Purple in the bridge. Many of us on this board, me included, are huge fans of Lace pickups, especially their single coils. They just a rounded warmth to the quacky and twang that I don't find in many other pickups.

They work really well with Twin as well, they definitely did with mine. What Twin is yours? There's a big difference between a Vibrolux and a FM212.
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 27, 2013,
yeah, i wanted more versatility, so i thought, why not, strat pickups have a decent tone, and im looking for a softer pickups for the neck, good for cleans and has a decent acoustic type sound, and i wouldnt mind a kind of, rory gallagher tone for the strat pickups, as long has the price dosnt go over 200 pounds, im not too fussed.
Quote by JustRooster
Sounds like my Tele!

I plan on putting Lace in mine. Burgundy in the neck, Gold in the middle, and Purple in the bridge. Many of us on this board, me included, are huge fans of Lace pickups, especially their single coils. They just a rounded warmth to the quacky and twang that I don't find in many other pickups.

They work really well with Twin as well, they definitely did with mine. What Twin is yours? There's a big difference between a Vibrolux and a FM212.

i havnt looked at the lace, i will have to give them a shot, thanks. and mine is the 100 twin valve amp, go on google and type in , fender 100 watt twin amp, it should come up than.
Rory's the man!

If you're looking for that classic Strat sound with a bit of aggression, there's probably no better choice than one of my favorite sets (I think this is Ippon's favorite Strat set, too).

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/439182.html?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=COuOx7Ly0LsCFcVFMgodmyAAew

Fender 57/62 set. They definitely don't break the bank, either.
Quote by JustRooster
Rory's the man!

If you're looking for that classic Strat sound with a bit of aggression, there's probably no better choice than one of my favorite sets (I think this is Ippon's favorite Strat set, too).

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/439182.html?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=COuOx7Ly0LsCFcVFMgodmyAAew

Fender 57/62 set. They definitely don't break the bank, either.

do you know if they sell a pickup individually? they seem good, just dont want to pay that much just to use one.
I re-read your OP. If you want a range of tones going from classic to some more modern aggressive, I'd put a Fender Texas Special in the neck and Lace Purple in the middle. That look would be pretty good, too, having that oddball single-coil look in the mid.

That way you have that Rory/SRV style quack and woody attack in the neck, Santana compression and sustain in the middle, and a glass of hard grain 'shine in the bridge.
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 27, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
I re-read your OP. If you want a range of tones going from classic to some more modern aggressive, I'd put a Fender Texas Special in the neck and Lace Purple in the middle. That look would be pretty good, too, having that oddball single-coil look in the mid.

That way you have that Rory/SRV style quack and woody attack in the neck, Santana compression and sustain in the middle, and a glass of hard grain 'shine in the bridge.

that sounds like a really good combination, i will definately check them out, thanks
Another Lace fan here: I have 3 singlecoil-sized Alumitones will be housing a Tele Sensor set. Hard to go wrong with Lace.

Here's a sample of the Alumitones...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMdmT1oEgJA
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 27, 2013,
Take a look at GFS's stuff too. Theyre pretty cheap and sound good.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55