#1
Today i turned on my amp plugged in my bass and played it but it produced a very horrible fuzzy tone, with a tiny bit of out put and loads of back round noise or something , so i immediately thought of changing cables and the battery, i did this and there was no change, the problem persisted so i tried an other amp and still the same problem, im really worried about what happened can someone help?
#2
could be a grounding issue? are there any loose wires inside the bass? it also might be worth checking the tightness of the jack. one of my basses consistently loosens its jack and creates an almighty racket until i sort it out.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
#3
That's usually a symptom of a bad battery. I know you said you changed it, but you might want to try another battery that you KNOW is good.
#4
Quote by dspellman
That's usually a symptom of a bad battery. I know you said you changed it, but you might want to try another battery that you KNOW is good.


Yeah so I went out and got a battery that the guy at my local music store said to get and it made it worse and I don't even know how to fix faulty wiring
#5
if it is what i think it is, shouldn't be any more than an easy solder. that being said, i have never soldered in my life and would probably end up attached to my bass were i to do so.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
#6
If you've never done electronics, starting on your instrument is usually not a great idea. I've worked on circuit boards in the past and I was reasonably nervous the first time I soldered a pickup wire.

Open up the cover over the electronics and see if you can see anything obvious. If there are loose wires, note the fact (or take a picture) and take it back to a shop. Have them give you an estimate up front, and then afterwards make them explain what they did.
#7
It could be a loose/broken connection somewhere (check around the output jack; this is frequently the culprit and it is the easiest to fix), or it could be an unnecessary connection. Sadly, in our mass-produced world, sometimes manufacturers get sloppy with the solder and they put too much of it on a connection. It ends up spilling over to a nearby whatchamawhoozit and creates a connection that is not supposed to be there. As others have said, have a good tech check it out. It will probably be easier to fix than you think.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley