Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit

A while ago, I started noticing that i had a slightly receding hairline. I didn't think too much about it back then, but for the last year or so, it has been receding even further, and if I put my hand in my hair and grab some hair very gently, ill find 3-5 hairs between my fingers, and it's not like im pulling, or putting any force into it.

My father lost his hair when he was 25 or so, but I'm just 18 (so this is a real bummer)

The receding hairline is visible "YET", as I can still just cover it with hair, but I fear that I'll just continue to lose hair, and then, in the end, look like my pa'...

Any of you folks losing your hair? Or maybe it's already gone? Any ideas to how i might be able to prevent it or something? I know that is unlikely, since its probably genetic...

I guess I should just buy a fedora :/
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
One of my friends had a pretty bad widows peak by the time he was a junior in high school. Clippers, they are your friend.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Just shave it off and put on some muscle.
Worked for Statham and Vin Diesel.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Nothing is receding or anything but I feel like I am and it's horrible
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Hi!

I'm losing mine.

Whatever you do, don't buy a fedora. I was out in Glasgow last week and saw the traditional Redditor, with a trench coat and Fedora at Starbucks. He took off his hat, and you could see a receding hairline. Don't be that guy.

Back to me,

I started receding at your age as well. I still have a moderately decent hairline, but it's DEFINITELY going back. I used to keep my hair relatively long and gelling it as much as possible to cover it up. However, it has gotten worse in the last year and I've had to get my hair cut short at a 3. I still gel it up a bit in the front to make it seem less obvious.

My greatest fear is that the front big starts thinning, and a few weeks a go I could see my scalp through the hair a TINY bit. So yeah, you may have that to look forward to as well.

My plan is too eventually just sport a buzz cut. Never had one before so I don't know how it'll look. However, I've got a fine jaw and I think I could carry it. Maybe I'll always keep a 5 o clock shadow or something, I dunno. I'm mostly worried about my eyebrows, they can be a bit bushy if the rest is so short.

Anyway, now I've unloaded my insecurities in the Pit. As I lose more and more hair I give less of a shit though, it's just one of those things.
My hair is full, I'm not worried because my father has a full head, all my brothers have full heads, and if I start to lose hair it'll be when I'm around 30 and by then there will be a true "cure" for baldness.
Take highly concentrated probiotics pills. Probiotics has shown to help preserve and even rejuvenate hair.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm a pretty small guy. Im 1.86 tall, but Im really thin. I got small bones, and hyper-mobile joints, so i can't really work out since i gotta watch out, so i don't get arthritis. Don't have a strong jaw or anything, so if i just cut all the hair off, i'd look like i just got liberated from Auschwitz. (Not saying im sickly thin or anything, but im really small)

I wasn't good looking to begin with, so this really isn't great
Quote by macashmack
My hair is full, I'm not worried because my father has a full head, all my brothers have full heads, and if I start to lose hair it'll be when I'm around 30 and by then there will be a true "cure" for baldness.

Great for you man ;(
shave some pubes and mix them with adhesive on the spot were its needed most m'kay
Whats goes around must come down
Last edited by ichiefG13 at Dec 27, 2013,
Quote by ichiefG13
shave some pubes and mix them with adhesive on the spot were its needed most.

The pubic hair club for men!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I'm 20 and losing my hair. It's not started thinning out much yet but my hairline is definitely receding and all the male members of my family are bald/balding so it's in my genetics. I just keep it super short because who cares? Beats kidding yourself with a shitty combover, hat or a Hulk Hogan style hair curtain.

EDIT: I'm 21 and an idiot.
Last edited by homeless-john at Dec 27, 2013,
If you've got the face for it just shave it off now and you'll get used to it quick.
Quote by MarcFlink
I'm a pretty small guy. Im 1.86 tall, but Im really thin. I got small bones, and hyper-mobile joints, so i can't really work out since i gotta watch out, so i don't get arthritis. Don't have a strong jaw or anything, so if i just cut all the hair off, i'd look like i just got liberated from Auschwitz. (Not saying im sickly thin or anything, but im really small)

I wasn't good looking to begin with, so this really isn't great

1.86 meters? That's pretty tall
My hair is fine and bitches love it.

My family doesn't really have any problems with losing hair either, the only person I think does is my uncle, though I'm not sure if he is bald or he shaves it...I've not seen him in quite a while.

If you start going bald just shave it off though, you'll look less of a prick than walking around with a Hulk Hogan style neck warmer.
And don't wear a hat to cover it. It will only be hidden until you remove your hat, then when you take it off you look twice as stupid and people will laugh twice as hard if they weren't expecting it (note: it's likely nobody will laugh). Plus your friends will probably make more of a deal about it if you try to cover it up rather than just cut what's left of it off.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by ichiefG13
shave some pubes and mix them with adhesive on the spot were its needed most m'kay

Watch out, the last guy who told these obscenities to a poor little boy had his parents fed to him by said boy.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Shave it off and go Punk.

I started losing my hair around 16 but didn't notice it really until 18 when my mate pulled on my hair and a huge chunk came out with no pain at all..

The worst thing you can do really is try to hide it. The problem I have (and still have at 23 since the front hasnt actually dissapeared yet) is that the back still grows fully and thick.. so if I was to grow my hair out a bit I would have a weird thin front and heavy back! Kinda looks lame!

Invest in a electric shaver and give it a shave. Get a barber to do it first if you are worried (although my experience with the last barber I went to 5 years ago was that they were too afraid to cut all my hair off and in the end I did it myself anyways).

The biggest issue with hairloss isn't actually your looks (or the cold).. It's actually what it can do to your confidence. I had a full head of hair that was long down to below my shoulders and I used to headbang all the time when playing live shows which looked amazing in photos.. When I started losing my hair my confidence went with it a hell of a lot and massive insecurities replaced it. Best thing you can do is to embrace it as soon as possible.

As for hairloss treatment. There isn't anything out there at the moment that can stop it. Don't fool for those lies. All they sell is things to help 'hide' it. There was some breakthrough recently about scientists growing human hair follicles on a rat and that once they figure out how to implant the follicles in the correct direction/place they will have a cure. That is still yet to even be designed let alone sent through human trials.

Something that helped me embrace hairloss was something someone said on a forum once.. It went something like:

"Don't let genetics take control of your life and hair. Sure it's taking something beloved away but just stick a middle finger up to hairloss and buzz the shit out of it. HA! Now look who is in control." (It was actually funny though.. I just can't remember it very well)
Quote by karstaag666

The worst thing you can do really is try to hide it. The problem I have (and still have at 23 since the front hasnt actually dissapeared yet) is that the back still grows fully and thick.. so if I was to grow my hair out a bit I would have a weird thin front and heavy back! Kinda looks lame!

I got a friend who has a horseshoe shaped pattern on his head. He HAS to shave it off, or else he looks like a 65 year old man.

2 year ago he was still in denial and on a night out I saw him with long hair at the back. It looked like he had a rat hanging from the back of his head.
Rogaine it bro.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by macashmack
Look at your mom's male relatives. Get out a magnifying glass and examine their scalps.
I feel like this thread might make me lose some hair too m'kay
I started noticing my hairline recede when I was 18, right as I got to college. I'm now nearly 26, and it has only gotten worse over the last eight years. What I can say, though, is that after I accepted it, stopped trying to hide it, and started buzzing my head, not only did I become more comfortable with my hair, but more comfortable with myself and my insecurities in general. Do what feels right for you, but I do advise against getting a fedora.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
I highly doubt I'll ever go bald. Both of my grandfathers and my dad never/still haven't lost any hair.
Just grow a beard! Problem semi solved! deffo helps though plus beards rock man!
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Im going to dread my hair in a couple of months, I might change my mind though by then.
I've still got hair. However, looking at my relatives I'm sure it will start to fade soon. But I already have quite a good beard so it won't be much of a problem to just shave the crap away and go with the Scott Ian/Kerry King style, but as long as I can keep my Dimebag/Zakk Wylde style, I will.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by Masquirina
Look at your mom's male relatives. Get out a magnifying glass and examine their scalps.

All my mom's male relatives had hair. But her mom didn't.
naturally a certain amount of hair falls out per day. so ive been told if your really worried about it medical science to the rescue
shave yr head and start wearing white t-shirts with jeans and boots and suspenders
you're a stone fox
I started losing mine around 21. I used to wear hats all the time and liked that I could cover it up, but eventually started feeling stupid whenever I took my hat off because it was even more noticeable when it was all flattened (hat head). I grew it long one last time and enjoyed my last year with hair, then shaved it right down to #2. There is nothing worse than trying to hide it, it just looks pathetic. People will only give it as much matter as you do. I never wear a hat as a rule now because I don't want to be "that guy". Keep it super short and don't let it become who you are. It's just one of the many things that makes you MarcFlint - the good with the bad. I feel your pain though. My hair used to get me plenty a girl and my love life has dropped off since becoming fully bald - but what can you do

And you can never go with the Hulk Hogan Skullet - not a good look for anyone.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Dec 27, 2013,
I was pretty worried about mine when I was about 17-18, because I'd have the same problem, going through my hair without pressure would always bring out a hair or two. It must have been only a period though, they're stronger now and it seems fine. I don't yet know how I'm going to turn out in the long run, on the father's side they're not so full of hair, but on my mother's, grandpa still has most of his hair at almost 80.

If you're really concerned about losing your hair, you might want to look up dihydrotestosterone, it's the main cause of male baldness, I think.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Great to get all the responses.. Nice to hear that I ain't the only one (You know what i mean..)
Didn't really know there was such a thing as "that guy" tbh Guess i'll save the fedora till I'm 80, when it's OK to be bald and wearing hats :b Hope I'll get another year or two out of my hair before it really starts falling off, but it's been rapidly receding lately so im not counting on it.

But you guys are right. You just have to accept yourself as you are, because you can't change it anyway.
I think I might have a receding hairline. But looking at old pictures of myself I've always had a fairly similar hairline.
Quote by SFosterS
I started losing mine around 21. I used to wear hats all the time and liked that I could cover it up, but eventually started feeling stupid whenever I took my hat off because it was even more noticeable when it was all flattened (hat head). I grew it long one last time and enjoyed my last year with hair, then shaved it right down to #2. There is nothing worse than trying to hide it, it just looks pathetic. People will only give it as much matter as you do. I never wear a hat as a rule now because I don't want to be "that guy". Keep it super short and don't let it become who you are.
And you can never go with the Hulk Hogan Skullet - not a good look for anyone.

I'm with this guy 100%. I started going bald about 28/29 but now 47 and still have a fair bit of hair. Just accept it. If people can't take you for who you are then it's their problem.
I'm fortunate enough that everyone in my distant family has a full set of hair. my grandad is 90 still with all his hair and same with my dad.
To your problem though don't wear a hat. I used to know a guy who was 23 and always wore a hat because of his balding. If i were you I'd pray you have some strong facial hair, shave your head and embrace being bald.

Maybe start lifting and be hell alpha
Page 1 of 2