Hi, just got a Charvel desolation dx-1 floyd rose and I want to buy a D tuna, i live in sweden so i wanna order it from europe to not have to pay tax...please give me websites in europe that shit to sweden and sell "EVH D tuna" !
I would not recommend getting a D-Tuna for your guitar since you have a recessed Floyd. They only work for non recessed top mount dive only Floyd's. You could block the Floyd for dive only but then if the Floyd is sunk to far into the body the D-Tuna will hit the body. This could damage your guitar finish and also make the D-Tuna unusable.

You could raise the Floyd up high enough to be able to use it and not hit the body but you risk having uncomfortably high action. This could be remedied by shimming your neck but since it's a neck-through that's not an option. You could try to get one and install it but there will be a high chance that you wont be able to actually use it. Just warning you and giving you a heads up.
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you still have your mind set on getting one, thomann will ship to Sweden.
The FR must be flush mounted to use a D-tuna, it will not work on a floating FR.

There is a product called a Tremol-no that will allow you to lock your FR, Make your FR dive only or let you use the FR like it is stock. So you can lock the tremol-no or put it in dive only and still use a D-Tuna with your guitar. They run $65ish in the USA so you'd have to check locally to see your prices.

This or blocking the FR are the only way to use the D-tuna with your guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The FR must be flush mounted to use a D-tuna, it will not work on a floating FR.

There is a product called a Tremol-no that will allow you to lock your FR, Make your FR dive only or let you use the FR like it is stock. So you can lock the tremol-no or put it in dive only and still use a D-Tuna with your guitar. They run $65ish in the USA so you'd have to check locally to see your prices.

This or blocking the FR are the only way to use the D-tuna with your guitar

There are still other factors he may encounter before he could use it. I already mentioned them in my previous post. Most guitars with floating Floyd's may need much more than just blocking the Floyd for dive only. And one of the big ones is not an option for him. But he may get lucky.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
There are still other factors he may encounter before he could use it. I already mentioned them in my previous post. Most guitars with floating Floyd's may need much more than just blocking the Floyd for dive only. And one of the big ones is not an option for him. But he may get lucky.

Yeah, I was just giving the options that I know of that could work for TS.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by fretjuuh
If you still have your mind set on getting one, thomann will ship to Sweden.

I had a quick look on ebay, and (assuming postage was similar to sweden) they're a *lot* cheaper from the USA (like, half the price). Even if you got hit for customs you'd be well ahead, I reckon. That's what I'd probably do if I did decide to get one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?