Page 1 of 2
So like, I was never a fan of metal (no offense to any metalheads). I didn't love it and I didn't hate it, just never listened to it much. But anyway, someone showed me Du Hast from rammstein and I got hooked so I started listening to a lot of their stuff.

Tbh, I guess I liked their image in general.

What's your opinion on them? I've never listened to anything harder than regular rock.

ye im obviously bored
Rammstein?

More like Shitstein
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Wormholes
They're hardly metal though. More like industrial rock.

Ohh I guess that's why I can stand em.
I really enjoy their music and I have still to see their incredible live show. Their newer style music is more orchestral and I really like it.

I don't really like Du Hast though for some reason. They have done far better songs
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I wouldn't really class them as metal though, they come under their own "label" of Neue Deutsche Härt which is closer to regular industrial rock.
I like 'em, and similar bands. Some don't. Same as any other genre or band.
If you're looking for something like them try Oomph! , Eisbrecher or Emigrate .
You probably like them because of their dildo set.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Miltam
pls, I like making threads because they might get more responses.

Quote by eGraham
Post stories here that no one will care about and that you know really deserve no response. Not like the chat thread because there is no chatting. Similar to the hugging thread, only we admit that we don't care. Begin posting about your mundane human experience!

Quote by eGraham
Post stories here that no one will care about and that you know really deserve no response.

vv
Quote by eGraham
deserve no response.

^^
Quote by Miltam
So why do you keep responding

Because you need to learn. This is like asking why teachers keep teaching.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
So not metal m'kay
Whats goes around must come down
Last edited by ichiefG13 at Dec 27, 2013,
Love Rammstein, not sure why they don't qualify as metal

Buck dich and ich tu dir weh are heavy as balls

Why pit why
Personnal favorites:

Mein Teil
Rosenrot
Spring
Sehnsucht
Haifisch
Ich Will
Bück Dich
Laichzeit
Links 2 3 4

And more... Hopefully there's a new album underway
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Also, Rammstein does laid back music well too. Songs like Nebel, Seeman, and Donaukinder are heartbreaking.
Quote by Miltam
So like, I was never a fan of metal (no offense to any metalheads). I didn't love it and I didn't hate it, just never listened to it much. But anyway, someone showed me Du Hast from rammstein and I got hooked so I started listening to a lot of their stuff.

Tbh, I guess I liked their image in general.

What's your opinion on them? I've never listened to anything harder than regular rock.

ye im obviously bored

German here, I hate them.
cause they're all like RARRRR and then you're all like GRRRR!!! then they are all like YEEEEEHHHHAHAHAHAH (but in german) then you are all like AHHHHHH I WANNA FIGHT! then the songs over and you are all like "i liked that song even though i didn't understand a single word they sang" Then Rammstein cashed another check and bought sausage or beer or whatever.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Te Quiero Puta was the first song I heard from them... I instantly knew not to take them seriously.

The point is to not take them seriously... Rammstein doesn't take Rammstein seriously.

Their songs are a great time and their live show is one of the best I've ever been to in my life
Quote by Philip_pepper
German here, I hate them.

I originally assumed most Germans didn't like Rammstein but have since learned they're actually pretty popular over there
why don't you want to offend metalheads

offend 'em all
you're a stone fox
Quote by ichiefG13
So not metal m'kay

i'm not sure what's worse, rammstein or south park

probably south park

Quote by MinterMan22
i'm not sure what's worse, rammstein or south park

probably south park

this is a solid post

south park is garbage
you're a stone fox
We've got a lot of average/stupid/bored borderline people up in this thread.

Because they have good songs with very catchy riffs, which is a quality that defies the boundaries of genre?
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
I've liked them since I was in middle school, so for about 11-12 years now. I don't listen to many bands that I used to like back then, but I still listen to Rammstein fairly regularly. They're just a lot of fun.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I originally assumed most Germans didn't like Rammstein but have since learned they're actually pretty popular over there

Not a whole lot.

I remember, nearaly ten years ago, there was a Christmas MTV live thing on German MTV with video DJs and stuff and they were talking about...whatever, and at the end of the show, everyone in the audience received a free Rammstein DVD.

So the guy was going through the crowd with a huge Xmas bag full of Rammstein DVDs and a lot of people just...didn't want them.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Not a whole lot.

I remember, nearaly ten years ago, there was a Christmas MTV live thing on German MTV with video DJs and stuff and they were talking about...whatever, and at the end of the show, everyone in the audience received a free Rammstein DVD.

So the guy was going through the crowd with a huge Xmas bag full of Rammstein DVDs and a lot of people just...didn't want them.

C'mon dude. Quantifying popularity by barley gauging enthusiasm over free DVD's is silly. Every album since Sehnsucht topped the charts in Germany.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
The point is to not take them seriously... Rammstein doesn't take Rammstein seriously.

Their songs are a great time and their live show is one of the best I've ever been to in my life

Yeah, that' s what I meant.

They' re kinda like the German version of Tenacious D.
To all German people here, what's it like to hear all those obscenities sung in your mother tongue? The impact of the words is lost when translating to other languages, so, do those lyrics sound really dirty and make you cringe or what?
Page 1 of 2