hello,
I'd like to improve my guitar sound and not spend too much. Right now I have a jackson low-mid end guitar with stock pickups (S-S-H). I only use the humbucker though. What would be a good overall metal (and clean) passive pickup? It shouldn't cost over 150-200€ (I live in italy). My amp : Fender Mustang I V2
thanks
Not going to make much difference through your
amp as modeling amps color tone but Seymour
Duncan black winters are great imo.
Step 1) upgrade to a decent non-modeling amp, preferably one voiced for your genre- this will make more of a difference in your tone than any Guitar you can buy.

Step 2) change pickups as needed.

For passive metal pickups, I'd look at the RailHammer Anvil (bridge) and Chisel (neck), Tesla Extreme, Nitro or Plasma, or maybe Lace Deathbuckers.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 27, 2013,
Take a look at the Duncan Distortions, if you can get them where you live.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Lots of good choices out there - too many to list.

I would start with Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio and work your way up from there.

Dimarzio:
Super Distortion (or Super 2/Super 3)
Tone Zone
Steve's Special
Dactivator (both regular and X models)
Evolution
D Sonic (very similar to the Steve's Special)
Gravity Storm
X2N

Seymour Duncan:
JB model
Dimebucker
Duncan Distortion
Invader
Alternative 8
Black Winter
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Also consider Lace's Finger Burners and Dirty Heshers.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Check out the Lace Deathbucker man. Passive, but it puts out like an EMG 81. I recently installed one in my Les Paul- it's fantastic. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32217727#post32217727
Ibanez Custom Sz series
Ibanez ARZ400
Home Made Tele
Halo Custom Shop Clarus
Gibson LP Custom Shop
Bugera 333XL
BlackStar HT-5
Ibanez TS9DX
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss DD-5
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Tech Decimator
I always tell people to watch these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZYDYiOIuC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzie8mham8

Pickups are subjective but don't neglect your amp either! Some pickups will work better with different guitars (different woods etc) so think about that.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Dec 29, 2013,
Check out Bare Knuckle Pickups Blackhawk model. I have the ceramic version and am finding it to be a very versitile pup. It took a while to get used to it and get the amp set right. It is only about 8.5-9k ohms but the wire in the wind is huge so it pumps out tons of power, more than the Dimarzio super distortion and super distortion 3 I have both of those. And yet has the ability to be very clear also. Clear to the point of if you make mistakes you can hear them more clearly. It is also super dead quiet with the amped cranked.

BKP Blackhawk>Dimarzio super distortion>Seymour Duncan distortion. Thats my opinion
What the hell!!!
Seymour Duncan invaders
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)