Hi, I would like to be able to play this riff in the key of C minor pentatonic:

------------3------5b-3-5-3---3----------0-----------------------0---------------------------
3-5----5------5------------------5-3-0----3-0-----------------0---3-0---------------------
---------------------------------------------------3-2-0----0-2b----------3-2-0-----2-4-----
-----------------------------------------------------------2--------------------------2-----------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-3---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-4-4-2-0---2b-2--0---2-0------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------2-----------2------2-0-2-0-------------------------0----------------------------
------------------------------------------2-1-0-1-0------1-2----0-1-0----0----0-2-0----
-------------------------------------------------------3-0-----------------3-----3-----------

this is from SRV's version of little wing, he plays it very fast and I think it sounds pretty cool, I would like to be able to play it in C minor pentatonic so I can play it with the backing tracks I use, the tab is written that the guitar is tuned down half a step, I would like to play this in standard tuning and still in the key of c minor pentatonic, I know that might make it a little more confusing to tab or maybe I just need to play this position up or down a few frets I am not sure my theory is really bad , if any one could please help me tab this out or tell me how to play it I would tremendously appreciate it, thanks!
There are too many open strings for a transcription to C minor to be practical. Why not use an E minor backing track (standard tuning) or an Eb one (Eb tuning)?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
There are too many open strings for a transcription to C minor to be practical. Why not use an E minor backing track (standard tuning) or an Eb one (Eb tuning)?

because I only know the pentatonic scale and the 5 positions in the key of c minor so far and all my backing tracks are in the key of c, I think it would still be possible to transcribe this to c minor but I don't know how
Quote by merks7
because I only know the pentatonic scale and the 5 positions in the key of c minor so far and all my backing tracks are in the key of c, I think it would still be possible to transcribe this to c minor but I don't know how

Wait...you know the pentatonic scale but can't transcribe this in C minor? Um...what? So, what you really know is the 5 positions of the C pentatonic scale. Because, if you knew the minor pentatonic scale well, you would know the intervals are 1, b3, 4, 5, b7. Then, you could just fit the notes of the riff to the intervals and transcribe the piece in C minor.
Quote by merks7

You're telling me that can't play the B minor pentatonic scale?

Once you know the shape of the scale, you can move up and down the fretboard to any key you want. Just change the root note.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
You're telling me that can't play the B minor pentatonic scale?

Once you know the shape of the scale, you can move up and down the fretboard to any key you want. Just change the root note.

Yeah. Every pentatonic scale is the same - I mean, the distance between the notes is exactly the same. As crazysam said, the pattern for minor pentatonic is 1, b3, 4, 5, b7. So when you know the 5 positions, all you need to do is to find the root note in the shape and you can move the shape up or down. The shapes are the same in every key. They are movable shapes, just like barre chords are.

Also, if you know the original song is in E minor and want to play it in C minor, you just need to move every note a major third (4 frets) down or a minor sixth (8 frets) up. And in this case I would move everything 8 frets up.

When you transpose, you always move every note as much. For example if you want to transpose a line in E minor to F# minor, all you need to do is move every note 2 frets up.

Also, there's no such thing as "the key of C minor pentatonic". It's the key of C minor and you can use C minor pentatonic scale over it. And you are talking about transposing, not transcribing. Transcribing means figuring out a melody by ear and writing it down.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
thanks very much for the reply to move it up 8 frets, I put it into guitar pro and it sounds killer when you shred it, thanks guys. c: