Hey guys, so this video is the culmination of YEARS of practice (Ive been learning this piece for over 5 years, very much so on and off, but still) and really up until a week ago, i could only play the very beginning theme of this. But, i decided to buckle down and study this piece. I wound up using my ear to learn the rest, so really, i have no clue if im playing it note for note, but i think I did pretty good, and also, i did make a few small mistakes, BUT im definitely not close to 1/10000th the guitarist jason was when he recorded the original. Id love to know what u guys think of my playing!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgsBCaz3I8Q

As always, Ill C4C!

Thanks,

Jake P

Edit:So i sent a link of this yesterday after i made this to the official jason becker facebook page, and he commented that I did a wonderful job. Made my life there i tell ya!
Last edited by awesomo41894 at Dec 28, 2013,
Whaaaaaat the fuuuuuck !!!!
Duuude that was ****in sick
How long have u been playing !!?

I must be a kickass since u said my vid is good
that's really sick bro ,really amazing !! (Y) (Y)
Gear:
-Jackson DK2M [Black]
-Vox Tonelab ST
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
Quote by onemetalhead92
Whaaaaaat the fuuuuuck !!!!
Duuude that was ****in sick
How long have u been playing !!?

I must be a kickass since u said my vid is good
that's really sick bro ,really amazing !! (Y) (Y)

Thanks a lot man!!!!!! Well, Im 19, and ive HAD a guitar since i was about 7, but ive only been playing seriously since i was about 13/14, so id say about 6 years or so. And your video was good man, your note choice was awesome! Thanks for the crit back!
I have always been a fan of Becker, and this cover sounds perfect note for note. You stay relaxed while shredding the living f*ck out of that fretboard! And it's so awesome that you got that comment on facebook!
Never stop doing what you do man, you're sick! \m/
Quote by \m/TheWickerMan
I have always been a fan of Becker, and this cover sounds perfect note for note. You stay relaxed while shredding the living f*ck out of that fretboard! And it's so awesome that you got that comment on facebook!
Never stop doing what you do man, you're sick! \m/

Thanks a lot man!! I appreciate it!
DUUUDE! that was f***ing amazing! That's some killer playing. It sounded really cleanly and skillfully played to me. Also, it didn't seem as if you were feeling uncertain about any of the notes, so all of that hard work has paid off! That was a blast to listen to. Lots of respect bro.
Really nice man! killer playing, the part I want to compliment the most is the picking as you got every note really clean and proper! I'm no solo-er so I cant comment on your speed techniques, but damn that was nice.
Damn dude nice sweeps and chops. Very articulate playing! I've never heard the original so I can't compare but you make it sound excellent.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Nice vid man and thx for the kind words! Awesome chops! Reminds me of how much I really need to buckle down on my playing and practice, it's shameful I can only play simplistic shit after 10 years >.< Course the moment I began to get serious with rec/mixing, guitar kinda just became a means of providing recordings to practice on to be mixed in a DAW xD

I'm digging the sound of a collab I'll forward you some details on YT
Last edited by Night at Dec 30, 2013,
Super sick!! This would make Jason proud!!
I love how clean your playing is.

Keep up the amazing work.
Quote by martin.loomis
Super sick!! This would make Jason proud!!
I love how clean your playing is.

Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks a lot man!!!
That's amazing man, very clean sweeps and a perfect tone. Congrats!
Quote by SR7s
That's amazing man, very clean sweeps and a perfect tone. Congrats!

Thanks man!
Holy shit man this is insane, I haven't heard the original but you are one hell of a guitarist for being able to play this. I couldn't even hear any errors or mistakes, you are very articulate with your hammers, pulls, and picking. Incredible stuff, keep up the good work and thanks for checking out my music too
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.