Hey so my Epiphone Les Paul (Its the tribute pro) still produces sound out of an amp when the volume knobs are at 0, what could be causing this? I'm guessing its either a wiring problem or the pots. Should I look into replacing the pots (most people complain about stock electronics, no sure if that caries into high quality epiphones) or should I just ignore the problem cause a
pedal can get me quiet when I need it?
Um, why worry about it? Who needs to play at 0? Not trying to be offensive, but this seems like a problem that doesn't need to be solved. Maybe I'm missing something...
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Quote by Silver Hilton
Um, why worry about it? Who needs to play at 0? Not trying to be offensive, but this seems like a problem that doesn't need to be solved. Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm mainly worried that my guitar doesn't do what it should, but yeah its not a big deal. A few reasons you may want to play at 0 is in between songs on stage or if someone comes up to you while you're practicing to talk. Or if your amp starts making odd noises you can easily stop it from wherever you are.
sounds like the pots are bad
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by aviator42009
Hey so my Epiphone Les Paul (Its the tribute pro) still produces sound out of an amp when the volume knobs are at 0, what could be causing this? I'm guessing its either a wiring problem or the pots. Should I look into replacing the pots (most people complain about stock electronics, no sure if that caries into high quality epiphones) or should I just ignore the problem cause a
pedal can get me quiet when I need it?

What exactly is a 'Tribute Pro' model from Epi ???

It would definately be a problem for me, If i cut the volume to 0 I dont want any noise until I dime it again.... pots are cheap, Id start there.
Your only hope is to buy and install a new volume pot. They're not too expensive.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Question. Is it one of the epiphone 60's led Paul's? If so my friend has one and his does the same thing, its very quiet, but still produces noise. The pickups are very high out put, VERY. Same with my Washburn wi-26. Not a problem. A lot of guitars do it apparently.
Quote by Silver Hilton

It could be a big deal in a lot of live situations, I'd say it's worth the trouble to find out what it is. Can you describe the sound? Is it a buzzing, or actual chord noise.
Quote by ColeFleming
Question. Is it one of the epiphone 60's led Paul's? If so my friend has one and his does the same thing, its very quiet, but still produces noise. The pickups are very high out put, VERY. Same with my Washburn wi-26. Not a problem. A lot of guitars do it apparently.

The Epi 60s Tributes have Gibson pickups....

no very high output and not similar with Washburn pups
Quote by paruwi
The Epi 60s Tributes have Gibson pickups....

no very high output and not similar with Washburn pups

His must be aftermarket or something then, believe me when I say they are high output. Came from his dad in prison though, so we won't k ow til we look.