Hey guys! These posts have been done before. But I'd like to hear your thoughts with the market currently. So heres another best amp for under 500 thread.

Must be able to find these amps regularly at under 500 dollars, but they can be used.

My vote goes for the peavey classic 30. Just because it sounds wonderful, and is perfect grab and go size.
Used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. You can get them for $350-$400, which leaves enough cash to swap a Vintage 30 and some JJ Tubes in there to get it sounding right.

If you're more of a high gain fan, Jet City JCA20H. $250 for the head, then buy a cheap 2x12.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 27, 2013,
With the prices I see in here regularly, I don't understand why all americans don't own an old Fender and an old Mesa (esp. Fender) I'd have a collection of both if I lived there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I just got a Yamaha THR10x, love it, best practice amp in existence for fans of the heavier stuff.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Bugera V22, Fender Blues Jr., Ibanez TSA15 (Combo or Head/Cabinet)....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Last edited by Mazz- at Dec 27, 2013,
I've been seeing used Egnater Rebel 20s going for $250. That's pretty frickin' tough to beat to my ears, even with $500, if mid gain is where you roam.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by ColeFleming

My vote goes for the peavey classic 30. Just because it sounds wonderful, and is perfect grab and go size.

I'll second the Peavey Classic 30 ... darn good amp , I got mine off of the local CL for 350.00 and totally happy with it
I second the Bugera V22
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
another +1 for a classic 30/50.

peavey combos should be in range, ultra xxx jsx, maybe 6505
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
In no particular order:

Combos:
Peavey Classic 30
Jet City JCA2212C
Marshall DSL401
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Heads:
Peavey 5150
Peavey Ultra / Plus
Peavey XXX / JSX
Marshall DSL50/100
Orange Tiny/Dual/Dark Terror
Jet City JCA22H
Laney VH100R

All excellent amps. Just typing it out gives me budget gear GAS.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
tube: marshall dsl40c (ok so I think its like 599, sue me)

solid state (time for flamage) - line 6 spider 4 for sheer versatility, it's a jack of all trades master of none. and the closest thing to a mesa in the beginner price range I've seen (metal and insane are supposedly mesa tones, and come kinda close)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Downfall360
tube: marshall dsl40c (ok so I think its like 599, sue me)

solid state (time for flamage) - line 6 spider 4 for sheer versatility, it's a jack of all trades master of none. and the closest thing to a mesa in the beginner price range I've seen (metal and insane are supposedly mesa tones, and come kinda close)

No.

The correct version of what you tried to say would be:

Tube: Marshall JCM2000 DSL401

Solid State: Either a Vypyr, Mustang, or Valvetronix, depending on which you prefer.

Then, I would add to the tube list:

Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey JSX Combo
Peavey XXX Combo
Peavey Ultra Combo
Peavey Ultra+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30 Combo
Peavey Classic 50 Combo
Peavey Windsor Combo
Peavey Valveking Combo
Fender Blues Junior
Jet City JCA20/22 Combos
Jet City JCA50 Combo
Egnater Tweaker Combo
Egnater Rebel Combo

There are plenty more, I'm sure, these are just ones I'm more familiar with. For the record, I'm going by used prices, although quite a few can be found within $500 new as well. I stuck with combos because a budget that low doesn't really facilitate a "stack" setup unless you already have the cabinet, which is a different story. I'm assuming the buyer has a guitar and a cable.
Blktiger, very good almost all inclusive list. I'll also throw in the new orange crush pro 60. Its not tube, but its orange tone for 500 brand new. Sounds pretty good. But if you just need that orange time on a budget it works.
no bugera v22 for 500 budget. no sir.

egnater is a strong choice. this is their strong suit in the market place, the medium budget, and they jam pack features in them.

i say a used tweaker 40, which is what i have. i paid retail, and i love the thing. but i know used you probably go for 300-400. rebels would be a fine choice, but IMO many of the rebels features are only best used when gigging (the power scaling has almost no effect on volume, but in a band, playing live you would notice the breakup of lower wattage).

vox ac15 if you dont need a loop and only need 1 good channel.

same goes for a fender blues deluxe NOS reissue, the onles with the tweed wrap, better speaker, and tubes. OR the PGS version with the hemp speaker cones.

hot rod is a simple, good functional tube amp i find it very very plain jane though. i personally dont think hot rods have any character at all, even for a fender.

low end oranges if you want low wattage british crunch
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
In england for under £500 i've seen the following which i reccomend regularly to friends and what i would consider owning...

Peavey 5150/3120/6505+ combo
Marshall Jcm 2000 TSL/DSL
Jcm 900 SLX
Laney Pro Tube/Gh50/100/VC/VH/Lionheart/Ironheart/TT
Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Vetta
Jet city 100HDM
Mesa f30
Bogner Alchemist
Cornford Roadhouse
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Cathbard
With the prices I see in here regularly, I don't understand why all americans don't own an old Fender and an old Mesa (esp. Fender) I'd have a collection of both if I lived there.

I know! I'm so jealous with all the great used options they have. Even living right next to Toronto and the surrounding area doesn't yield these results or prices.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Bought a JCA50 head used for $310. That's an amp that impresses me at any price point.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
After shipping I paid like $220 for my Peavey Rockmaster preamp, $191 for Classic 60/60 power amp and got an 8 space rack locally from craigslist for $75 I think which comes to $486 total. I held out for some really good deals though, the power amp I won for $151, the rest was shipping. They usually go for like a hundred more.