So I've bought three used pedals in the last couple weeks. A subdecay Prometheus, a blackout effectors musket, and a Pigtronix Philososopher's tone. Only one of them seems to be working right.

I can't fit a Onespot into the power supply spot on the Musket, or a Boss replacement adaptor. Is there some reason for this? Their website says to use a Onespot. So in asking I'd there's any other adaptor I should try? Is this normal?

The Philosophers Tone seems fried. It smells weird through the jacks, and when I plugged a Pigtronix power supply into it it didn't turn on. No light or anything. I'm gonna take it back to Guitar Center, but I dunno if they'll actually take it because I bought it about a month ago and didn't use it til now cause I had to wait on a power supply. If they don't, how would I go about finding a place to fix it?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
disconnect anything. plug am in. try multiple cables, and use a good one.

from there, test one at a time. see if it works alone.

if they don't work there, try a batery, plug in (again one at a time) and see if it works.

if the do, good.

there is a possiblitiy that the fuzz may be reverse polarity, which would break up the whole chain. and kill power to all of your pedals. DC power only goes one direction, and with something backwards (maybe the fuzz is reverse polarity) would disrupt the power for everything.

do that and come back.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Neither one takes batteries.

I managed to get an Electro-harmonix flanger hoax adaptor into the Musket, but I don't want to plug it in because I think it's reverse polarity.

I've been trying them one at a time. But I've got no manual for the musket, just what I see online. The problem is the adaptor i read it's compatible with won't even fit.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 28, 2013,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Neither one takes batteries.

I managed to get an Electro-harmonix flanger hoax adaptor into the Musket, but I don't want to plug it in because I think it's reverse polarity.

I've been trying them one at a time. But I've got no manual for the musket, just what I see online. The problem is the adaptor i read it's compatible with won't even fit.

download the manual then. or use a single power supply for whatever is reverse polarity.

i have my proctavia on my board that i run the power supply for. one spot for rest of the board.

with my gigging board, i use an isolated power supply and can switch polarity or they may have a reverse polarity jack anyways. that way i wasn't missing anything.

as far as your situation goes good luck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/