Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a new recording interface this week and would like some input. So far I'm liking the Cakewalk/Roland V-Studio 100 and the Zoom R16. The V-100 is on sale for $399 and the R16 is $419 at my local shop. This will be used for making demos at home to share with my band and other musicians. I will probably use superior drummer for drums so I'll mostly be recording guitar and bass with some vocals. I like the fact that the two units support Mackie Control so I can use the buttons and knobs to control my DAW. I might use the SD card recording but it will almost always be used at home connected to my PC. I like the R16 due to the 8 XLR inputs but I've read that the V-Studio 100 is better quality. Which one would you guys suggest? Is there anything else under $500 that I should consider?

Cheers
Sam Ash has the VS-100 for $299:

http://www.samash.com/cakewalk-v-studio-100-usb-audio-interface-crjavs100?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Recording-_-Channeladvisor-_-Cakewalk+V+Studio+100+USB+Audio+Interface&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594758299&catargetid=500002510000014031&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CIKl2bnd07sCFY49QgodG0sAEg

I'd go with the VS-100, but it depends on what you need, really. The VS-100 has a motorized fader, which is more useful in DAW control... but since there's only one, it's not a huge advantage. The R16 can be used standalone more effectively, as it can completely replace your DAW, while the VS-100 was really meant to be used with a computer.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Do you think I'll hear an audio quality difference between the R16 or V-100 on line level instruments? I'm leaning towards the R16 mostly because if I wanted to record live drums it has 8 inputs.