So I've been absolutely loving my new 5150 and a few new pedals in my arsenal, took me about a second to get an absolute killer tone and I just cannot wait to bring it out on tour next week (And break my back doing it!)

One thing I am still having trouble with is cleans. Yes I know, it's not a clean amp but I turned crunch into clean, as most do, with the gain all the way off and with my chorus and delay it sounds perfect for stuff like the verse for Bringin on the Heartbreak and even strumming to I Remember You... But one thing I cannot get it to do is have it sound good playing Wanted Dead or Alive! It just doesn't sound right to me, too bright and no amount of effects (or lack of when I turn the loop off) seems to cover up the lack of tone there, it just doesn't sound right for some reason... Any suggestions? I have a 10 band in the loop I'm not using currently (Too busy to set up to mesh well with my dirty tone so it's just been sitting there taking up real estate) is there something I could try setting it to when I switch to clean? All I've done with it was put volume all the way up and gain all the way down with a mid bump starting at -12 to 0 but wasn't impressed and haven't had much tweak time...

I need something to really get that song especially to sound good clean, cause the others sound decent enough for what we do... Just not that one
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Try your EQ

you may find that the cleans on the 5150 are not to your taste, I don't like them at all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Try your EQ

you may find that the cleans on the 5150 are not to your taste, I don't like them at all.

Alright, what frequencies should I bump/dip to help me out?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Try the neck pickup?

The 5150 really isn't meant to be good at cleans, but I've gotten some perfectly acceptable tones out of mine using the neck pickup on most of my guitars. In fact, my Bernie Rico Jr. sounds pretty great on the clean channel of the 5150... then again it also has coil splits on both pickups, so it lends itself nicely to clean tones on that amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by IWasMaiden93
Alright, what frequencies should I bump/dip to help me out?

Start with them all at 0 and slide each one up or down until you find something you like
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm a new 5150 owner as well but if you have the head version, look into the bias mod to clean up the cleans and if you're playing mostly the songs you mentioned and nothing extremely high gain then look into the lower gain tube set as well - Eurotubes has these. Folks then like the delay and chorus to clean up the clean channel more and then tweak with the 10 band EQ. There are all sorts of tube combinations you can pick and choose from too to color the tone. Tubescreamers are also commonly used as well for a boost.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
This is exactly the reason i bought a 5150ii.
Been able to get a decent clean tone with a chorus pedal in the loop, gonna add a reverb to help warm it up too soon.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I put a tube in v1 with less gain, switched to a bridge pup and tapped it on my 6505+. I know it isn't the same, but it may help. You can also roll off the volume and tone a bit to find a nice sweet spot. But like it was said, you could just not like the cleans on the amp
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify