Zap guys,

I've been trying to buy a new guitar amp and I actually have a budget of 350 bucks that might grow to 420. I'm NOT interested in amps that simulate other amps like Peavey Vypyr, Line6 Spider or Fender Mustang and I would like it to have 50W or higher wattage. The problem is I haven't been able to find cool amps with this specifications and I've just came across Behringer VT100FX and a Peavey Bandit 112 or 115 (I don't remember at all jeje) but haven't been able to really make a choice bacuase I have a feeling I might find something better. I too want my amp to be able to create great distortions because I consider that a very important matter while clean tones seem to be easier to create in comparison with distortions.

I hope you guys can help me in this issue and comment me your opinions and knowledge that can help me find a good amp for live playing purposes. Thanks.

Summary:
I'm from Mexico, I play mainly Rock and Indie but I'm pretty interested in metal, budget 350 - 420 dollars, I'm interested in Solid State or Tube amps (no full digital stuff), I only own an Ibanez SA Series and probably buy an effects procesor in the future because my RP500 was stolen(Zoom G5 seems like an option for now) and I want a loud amp for gigging. Id'e prefer new stuff but might try something used.
Last edited by Devik at Dec 28, 2013,
thanks, I'd just like to add that I play most generes but mainly Rock and Indie and that though I've oinly found those 2 aps I'd like see if you guys know any other amp that might fit my needs.

Btw, I was actually looking forward for a Solid State amp but I've seem lots of people say it is better to look for a tube amp that might fit might budget so if any of you guys know a good loud affordable with good distortions amp that would help me a lot.

Thanks again xD
Last edited by Devik at Dec 28, 2013,
You've half answered two out of six questions in that thread.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Devik
I too want my amp to be able to create great distortions because I consider that a very important matter while clean tones seem to be easier to create in comparison with distortions.

Actually you need a good clean tone as a base for pedals. You are pretty much stuck with the clean tone, but distortion comes in many pedals and many guises.

You need an amp with a good distortion, but you only have limited cleans in an amp so you need to make sure you like both before you choose one.
I know this is out of your price category... but if you get into a 'good' solid state amp in the future (and you like the quality of solid state), check into Pritchard. You would swear his amps are tube by their harmonic qualities. Best wishes for 2014!
For solid states I really like Randalls. But only for amp distortion. I do not like how SS cleans sound. Too sterile and lifeless, its all super clean and polished. Not a good starting point to add pedals on. Good cleans need warmth and thickness, IMHO.

A bandit will work in a pinch but look for used Peavey Supreme or XXL heads too and get a decent cab along with it.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Are old Yamaha amps available where you are? If you want to use pedals, an old Yamaha G100 is a killer amp. They're a high quality amp and they go for cheap because they're solid state. I see them for $200 or so pretty frequently.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.