Hi guys, I was given a Kramer Pacer Classic for Christmas so now I'm in the market for an amp to practice with.
I mostly play a variety of metal spanning from Steel Panther to Lamb of God and Parkway Drive but I wouldn't mind a bit of versatility as sometimes I like to branch out.
I'd prefer to buy new but don't mind if I have to go second hand and I'm hoping to spend under $500aud on it but would be willing to dish a little more out.

Some of the amps I'm considering are:

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Yamaha THR10x
Jet City JCA20H
Bugera v22

I'd prefer to be able to play at bedroom levels but I could probably handle not being able to. I'm pretty clueless about amps so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
From what you listed, the vypr if its just for practice. However, I'd also consider the peavey ultra combo if you're looking to do a bit more than practice.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Definitely the Vypyr Tube 60. Nothing else in your list or your pricerange can touch it for versatility.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks guys, I'll probably go for the Vypyr then, an ultra combo looks like like it would be fairly hard for me to find. If price wasn't a problem, what amps would you recommend me?
Quote by Landonstein
Thanks guys, I'll probably go for the Vypyr then, an ultra combo looks like like it would be fairly hard for me to find. If price wasn't a problem, what amps would you recommend me?

Peavey 6534+
EVH 5150 III 100W (not 50W Mini)
Mesa Mark IV (MAYBE*)
Marshall SL-X (MAYBE*)

* MAYBE = will work for SP & LoG, but probably not PD. You might get a tone you want out of them with an OD boosting the front.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 30, 2013,
Price being a problem or not, the Vyper Tube or Peavey Ultra or Jet City jca20 would probably be good...as a first amp
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Dec 30, 2013,
Agree on the Peaveys, but the JCA20 would not be a good choice at all for PD tones. The JCA22 could probably get in the ballpark with a boost, but the JCA20 is a different, much lower gain beast.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X