Hi UG,

Been a while really. Before we start with this amp, let's go through our previous NADs together.

First one i posted here was a 6505+ head. Brand new for £600. I sold it for the amount i bought it for in the end. Loved that amp but i was in a band that didn't require such brutality. One day i will buy another one when i have the room!

Next was a Hiwatt Higain 100 reverb head. Got quite a bit of attention. Don't see many Hiwatts. After buying this i no longer played live music, so a 100 watt 2x12 was a bit much for what i needed. And truth be told, although a great amp for the price i got it, it was just off the mark of a "Proper" hiwatt. So again, when room permits i will buy an old dr103 or something.

So alas, the hiwatt went, such a shame to see go, but she need to leave me for someone who needed 100 watts.

So i needed a new amp. something that's a combo, something with a unique tone, something that you don't see everyday and lower wattage. Something around 30 watts. Well i found it. It's a Vox. Kind of.

Looking along the top panel. Chicken head knobs. But the writings a bit different. Wait, whats this?

A switch to make things manly. I like that. I like it alot. But what does it do? What else is different?

2 inputs.. okay.. funny writing but wait. VOX/Bruno?? Who's Bruno? Is it the return of bruno? Well no actually. It's a vox/bruno 35watt c1.

It's black. It's 35 watts. It's got 4 6v6s. 3 12ax7s and an additional 12ax7 and 12at7 for the reverb. Its a vox with an american twinge. Think about Vox doing a blackface fender. Yup. Sounds good man. How good?

Well it's a class a i think. That's good i guess. It has a master volume bypass (the master is the most usable I've ever used), a "Macho" switch (More mids and gainy type thing) and a bass boost (it boosts the bass). It also has some really big transformers in it custom for this circuit, A real spring reverb, the Macho mode is foot switchable and it sounds great. Super clean cleans all the way up to Classic rock type gain i guess. I don't know. I like Emo bands like Into it. Over it. and American Football and indie bands and old school punk bands with lots of fuzz and this amp does all that great. It doesn't go chuggah chuggah or djent though, no matter how low i tune.

For real though, very creamy mids, cleans are well rounded with that little bit of vox chime and the e.q lets you dial in a bit of sparkle nice and easy. It sounds great at bedroom volumes. No boxiness or anything of that sorts. Really big, well rounded tone that fills the room with a multitude of frequencies. It's also very very touch sesitive. The most sensitive amp I've played, you can coax multiple tones out of changing your attack, what type of pick and using your fingers like no other amp I've played, and it's really sensitive to your guitars volume knob and pickups. A great workhorse for years to come hopefully. Oh, and it likes pedals too.

If you actually want a proper review and soundclips and loads of pictures, just ask, i'll be more than happy to provide.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Dec 29, 2013,
Nice, but those are production amps so rare not really, different yes.

does it still have the ability to do the chimey Vox thing or is it more Fendery?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
More blackface. But with a bit of Vox chime in the background. Valve swamps/speaker swaps can get it more AC30 if needed.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

who needs ac30 when you have a blackface tone?

congrats cliff!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^.

Happy NAD, brother! : cheers:
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by gregs1020

congrats cliff!

I guess

Also this thing is really loud. If i get the chance to record it soon i'll crank it and stick a Devi Ever through it to show you how nasty it gets.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by gregs1020

congrats cliff!

Oh shut up you.

Nice Amp.
I've been interested in those since I first heard about them.
Oxblood grill cloth?
What speakers are in it?

Edit: and yes I'm sure its loud.
I could "out volume" my friends 60 watt Hot Rod Deville 4x10 with my AC30 (2x12) with ease.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 29, 2013,
With four 6V6 tubes @36W it has to be A/B. One of those 9 pin tubes is the phase inverter.

HNAD.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by CodeMonk
Oh shut up you.

Nice Amp.
I've been interested in those since I first heard about them.
Oxblood grill cloth?
What speakers are in it?

Edit: and yes I'm sure its loud.
I could "out volume" my friends 60 watt Hot Rod Deville 4x10 with my AC30 (2x12) with ease.

Black and silver grill. It's got this whole Retro/Modern thing going on. And it has a chinese Celestion G12-65, which will be leaving the amp soon once i've decided what will be suitable. The amp is very nice. I was in the process of ordering and AC30 type clone with these features from a boutique builder, so it made sense to save a bit of cash. And if i ever decided to do the band thing again i'll just get another combo and A/B them.

Quote by Cathbard
With four 6V6 tubes @36W it has to be A/B. One of those 9 pin tubes is the phase inverter.

HNAD.

Thanks, tubes aren't my strongest point on amps. You seem to like tubes though, is there anything you would reccomend to pick up and shove in there?
Quote by ZanasCross

JJ's 6V6's are probably the best thing they make. And JJ ECC83S in all the 12AX7 slots.
You can often find NOS 12AT7's for good prices, better than 12AX7 anyway. Try to find a British Mullard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Celestion 12-65 is from the Heritage series and is MIE.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Celestion 12-65 is from the Heritage series and is MIE.

I've been told by a fair few people it's a MIC one so i've gone with that . I havent had a full look around to see where it's made yet. I do hope you are right however! But i am looking at one of them WGS speakers to stick in there which i've been told sound great paired with this amp. Also gunna go on a hunt for a nice transparent overdrive for this thing. I've still had no word back about the KTR i'm on the waiting list for so i can't be arsed to wait around much longer.
Quote by ZanasCross