I bought a Marshall 800 1960a 4x12 for super cheap. The guy I bought it from said he wired it to 4 ohm. However, I have an orange rockerverb 100 rated at 8-16 ohm.

The guy told me I could wire the speakers to work as 16 but wasn't sure how. I found a video with somebody wiring almost the same cabinet to what he said was 16 but when looking it was identical to what the guy claims is 4.

I checked it with a meter and it measured to be 25, but I'm not experienced with this so I hoping somebody can give me a link to the right wiring so I can use th cabinet as 16 ohm which is what it was originally.

Offhand I can't remember which but the speakers are celestians rated at 15 ohm each, 75 watts. Thanks for any advice or help.
Look at the pic in the second post.

If you have 4 - 16ohm speakers, you basically need to wire 2 sets of 2-16ohm spears in parallel to give you 8ohms each, then wire the 2 sets of 8ohm speakers in series, to give you a total load of 16ohms.

The picture should make it clearer.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
Look at the pic in the second post.

If you have 4 - 16ohm speakers, you basically need to wire 2 sets of 2-16ohm spears in parallel to give you 8ohms each, then wire the 2 sets of 8ohm speakers in series, to give you a total load of 16ohms.

The picture should make it clearer.

thanks a lot dude
One more quick question to be sure; but what gauge wire is best for a 1960's Marshall?

I read a few posts but some have said 16 gauge (which I'll likely go with) but others have said 18. I even saw somebody say 12 and 22 somewhere. I just want to keep the wiring as close to stock as I can while maintaining 16 ohm like I originally posted. I don't have the back open in front of me to look and see what gauge the wire in it is but my friend is bringing extra wire home today so I wanna make sure he gets the right gauge.

Thanks again.
You should be safe with 16. I believe that's the standard.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
You should be safe with 16. I believe that's the standard.

That's what I had planned on using but I read quite a few posts with people insisting on 18, but tonally I can't see that making a difference.